Hi pilots :biggrin:

We had many interesting aircrafts in Czechoslovakia. Avia S-199 for example or Aero L-29/39/59 etc.

Here is one of them:

Well, my friend vrkuboy make new plane model: Zlin Z-142.

We need help with its finish. We have FM tweaker, but we need modder too.

Who can help us, please? Zlin is famous factory, and you know it I hope. Vrku will post here some info what is needed. We are still learning, and there are still many things with which we need help.

Concretely animations and export.

No cockpit. No for this time. We can use existing pits.

we have no problem with skins.

Any interest in Zlin-142 project?

zlina.jpg

zlinb.jpg

zlinc.jpg

zlind.jpg

Edited by kukulino

The Zlin Z 142 is a single engine, metallic, double seat trainer aircraft manufactured by Moravan Otrokovice. The Z 142 is the most popular aircraft variant in its aircraft line, with the base model being the Z 42. In contrast to the older Z 40, which had both seats in tandem, the Z 42 series were all built with the seats side by side.

The Zlin Z 142 is a development of the Zlin Z 42 M platform, equipped with a Walter (now LOM)fuel injected inverted 6 cylinder, supercharged air-cooled engine and with a hydraulically-regulated Avia V-500A two-blade propeller. It is stressed for +6G and -4G in the aerobatic configuration and has full inverted fuel and oil systems permitting extended inverted flight. There have been wing difficulties resulting in restriction of permitted aerobatic flight time for original aircraft. The factory offers a retrofit package of replacement wings and an AMU-1 fatigue monitoring system which extends overall airframe life to 5 500 hours, all of which may be aerobatic.

This czech training aircraft is in use of czech army. On this aircraft, newbie pilots training basic aerobatic.

here is some photo of czech army Z-142 http://techmag.valka.cz/obr_8/l_004_002/index.htm

It is also used by the air forces of Algeria, Mexico, and Slovenia. According to theTamil Eelam Airforce it was used in bombing sorties on Sri lankan AFB in occupied Tamil Eelam and Southern Sri Lanka.

Interest!!! Sri Lankan rebels Tamil Tigers stormed military base by the international airport north of the capital, Colombo. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6494121.stm

If anybody want and can help, contact me vie PM, please.

Edited by vrkuboy

Guest capun

What do you need besides exporting it via 3DS Max.

For animation I only see the canopy, maybe the shocks, that's simple. You don't even need a shock animation for the front shock, you may need it for the rear.

I don't know how far it is completed, I don't see a prop. Be sure that you have followed the TW's exporter notes so it can be ported fairly easily.

An excellent aircraft, i have it for FS2004 and love flying it. :good:

What do you need besides exporting it via 3DS Max.

For animation I only see the canopy, maybe the shocks, that's simple. You don't even need a shock animation for the front shock, you may need it for the rear.

I don't know how far it is completed, I don't see a prop. Be sure that you have followed the TW's exporter notes so it can be ported fairly easily.

Hi capun

My model needs check up, if there are no faults, if it is modelled right. Than flaps, ailerons, rudder animation needed. I don’t want canopy animation and export to game.

will make propeller, of course and some little details to.

P.S. I work in Gmax and i have problem with export to 3ds :(

prop ready ;)

propxq2.jpg

Edited by vrkuboy

Interesting to see how it`s modelled... build myself some planes with Maya if it`s known, used another method. But the final product looked the same. very nice work on this sll bird maye I make a new install WOT Wings of Trainers

Guest capun

AFIK, there is no 3ds plug-in for GMax.

What you do is get hold of two middleware programs. I think one is called MDL Commander and the other is Middleman. You also have to have the FS2002 (or FS2004 can't remember which) SDK that creates an MDL.

What this programs do is intercept GMax as it is creating an MDL file for the FS/CFS game. One of the intermediate steps is to generate a .X file which then can be imported into 3DS Max with the proper import plugin

For normal control surfaces, you do not need to animate them. The game engine generates simple animation rotation along one axis. By simple I mean that it will not do Fowler flaps but will do normal flaps. If you look at the data ini for most planes and you see that there is no AnimationID= declared for the most common control surfaces. But you need them for slats, etc.

You can actually import animation from GMax to 3DS Max, the problem is that they are not ported properly. For example FS/CFS animation is from frame 0 to 200, when you import it to 3DS Max, all of the animation frames get compressed between 0 and 1.

I think it's a problem with either the middleware programs or the X Plugin that I am using in 3DS Max.

for capun

1 and 2:

i know this but i dont know how work with this aplication i see mustang tutorial, but i have really big prob with this.

3: ok i understand, but i must set pivots or no?

Guest capun

I am going to guess what 1 and 2 mean.

Head to the CFS2/FS200x forums, I like SimOuthouse, Simviation, FreeFlightDesign. There search for the apps or for a how to convert GMax....

So you set the middleware apps according to their docs, you need to do some renaming of executables. You then go through the motions of creating the MDL file. The middleware then allow you to create the x file, read their docs on what options to set.

You then send the X file to whoever is going to create the LOD file in 3DS Max, that person has to have the X importer plugin. I use MoFo's X importer.

3- Yes. BTW, have you downloaded the 3DS Max exporter and the exporter notes? It's a must to read to get the 3D model ready, GMax is nothing but a crippled 3DS Max R4.2, so if you prep the model in GMax it will make the porting easy.

So yes, you need to set the pivot points where you want the control surface to rotate and they must be World Aligned, again read the exporter notes. You need to frame it and keep it handy as a reference.

1 and 2 i mean par in your post.

OK, BIG THANKS for guidance, Capun. I will see what can I handle and what I can not handle. I will look on that forums for info. We have god page about fs 200x www.flightsim.cz

yes, i have the 3DS Max exporter and the exporter notes and i read it.

again big thanks

i start work with cockpit

cockpitpp5.jpg

close canopy

cockpitbwo0.jpg

openen canopy

cockpitcds8.jpg

Edited by vrkuboy

first screenshots in game, it´s looking funny, but we know where is problem :wink::biggrin:

thank´s to blackrat.

img00029aa0.jpg

img00030md4.jpg

img00027ug6.jpg

Edited by vrkuboy

Imagine... Fly this little "birdie" over WOE with CA_Starys tree mod with farms, cows, bilboards, HAWKs... :crazy:

I love these small prop jobs.The more the merrier I say,Bring on some polish and russian trainers hell bring on anything small and slow.I'm really looking forward to your Zlin,Thank you.

I like this. The light and basic trainers are fun. I can't wait to buzz some new cows in this plane.

Hi pilots, thanks for your coments :wink:

new switchers in cockpit

newakn9.jpgnewbvy1.jpg

Looks good Vrku

please who can me help wit search some photo of this canadian Z-142. It´s hardly accessible photos for me, maybe for canadians easy.

skinuj0.jpg

Do not stop. Forward, still forward :fans:

Zlin 142 is my litle lovely "toy" :biggrin:

As 76.IAP-Blackbird wrote, Wings over Trainers is needed :wink: