Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Candidates For A (decent) Re-make

Just what it says, what sci-fi film would benefit from a total ground up redo? You know the ones that we watched when we were kids or young adults and when you see them one Saturday afternoon you realize that they didn't age well.

Here's a few

Logan's Run, lose the disco sound track, invest some serious money and try to follow the a little more closely.

Colossus, The Forbin Project

Andromeda Strain

Farinheight 451

Zardoz (look it up).

LOL, I was going to suggest Forbidden Planet as well, but I realized it may not work.

Walter Pidgeon was just AWESOME and although you could improve some of the effects and such, it just wouldn't be the same. That said, those posters were crap. I mean, there's another version of the poster with the likenesses of Walter Pidgeon, Leslie Nielsen, and Anne Francis on it, but they still show Robby carring a woman who was NOT in the film! He carried Anne Francis and they clearly were NOT the same person.

Stupid conventions of that time!

I also would say The Day the Earth Stood Still...but it's already being done and I'm apprehensive about it.

They've redone Omega Man.

I HATED F451 when I read the book, or rather read 1/3 of it and couldn't stand anymore.

Maybe Buck Rogers?

while speaking of books.....I'd like to see the following done as Movies

Canticle for Leibowitz

and

Anthem

Im going to say Episode 1 and 2 :)

Wow, this movie was the greates trash i ever see in all my entire life!

I did not and never will watch that celluloid turd.