Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Marine A-6A markings for new Razbam Intruder

I started markings and decals for the recently released Razbam A-6A - I intend to do the three units which flew in Vietnam - VMA(AW)-242, -225 and -533. Anyone else doing this who wants to combine resources or share this project? (Corktip is already in on this...)

Lots of VMA-242 photos on the Internet, the others are much more rare however.

I am looking for any photos in actual Vietnam-era markings, plus bureau numbers/nose ID numbers.

Thanks,

Mike Druzolowski

Edited by mppd

O.K. So I guess I'm the only Marine A-6A enthusiast. I'll go it alone...

Thanks anyway,

Mike Druzolowski

mppd

Unfortunately, I do not have the technical ability to help - but it would be great to have Marine units depicted in WoV. I have bought Razbam's A6 and it is great going downtown with it. You're not alone in your interest in the Marine squadrons.

Thanks for the reply Sandy. It always bothered me that WOV depicted all the wrong markings for Marine Intruders, now is a chance to revise them for a really nice A-6A. I am planning on making them fit the stock WOV A-6A also.

I have lots of Bureau numbers for the birds of VMA(AW)-242 and -533, fewer for -225. Lots of photos on the Net and in the books I have for -242, fewer for the other two.

Anyone that can contribute is welcome to share the credit!

Thanks again,

Mike D.

Mike, looking forward to these.

Thankyou Sir !

I am planning on making them fit the stock WOV A-6A also.

Interesting. I guess you should hope that TK succeeds in finding those templates for the stock WOV aircrafts.

Sure, I'd like a copy of them. Always like to see artwork from someone else, and how it is layered in Photoshop! The stock A-6A skins and shape look pretty good in-game to me. The shape of the Razbam offering is just superb though. Everyone should get it.

I was a little disappointed in the templates as offered at the Razbam Forum for the A-6A though - they left you to redo all of the grey/white rendering yourself unless I'm mistaken!

Just to set the record straight, VMA(AW)-224 also flew A-6As in Vietnam, but off of the USS Coral Sea in their '71-72 combat cruise, and this is already offered here at CA for download in correct markings by JSF_Aggie for the stock Intruder.

Mike D.

Mike...just a stick at you....but what's an A-6? :biggrin:

j/k

You know me I am a USAF guy. Talk to Hrntfxr and Paul Nortness they are the resident Navy experts.