Sign in to follow this  
Baltika

TE question - Full-size terrain?

Just wanted to say thanks to Gepard for his outstanding TE tutorial series.

Following his expert guidance, I have built a beta British Isles terrain (OK I admit it, I've not been doing much flying over England, Ireland or Wales) and to blast a Harrier down the Great Glen at zero feet with the hills on either side above me, then hang a right when you reach the sea and zoom across the Isle of Skye has come close to the fulfilment of a childhood dream. (probably the closest I'll get now, anyway :rolleyes: ).

So thanks for all of that, big man :good:

The Scottish terrain has some great NOE opportunities, but TE understandably has some difficulty with the rugged coastline.

My question is this:

I know that the "stock" terrain is about 60% of real size, and that it is however possible to create "full size" terrain - BoB for one. Before I do a Slartibartfast and spend my lifetime getting the fiddly bits round the coastline of Scotland right, is there a quick way to force the TE to create a full-size terrain (e.g. selecting 160% terrain size on startup?) or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks for any advice.

Slainthe,

Baltika

Just make sure your name shows up on the glacier!

Wonder if we can get some 3d modler to make an 'award' statue, say 30 meter tall, kinda like the Oscars, add it to the terrain like a control tower or somethimg like that...

Wrench

kevinstein

ps: won't you be needing something sticking it's head out of Loch Ness? Maybe a giant eel?? :rofl: j/k!!!

Sorry for the delay with writing the lessons and the Exkurs about the 100% terrain.

I put it now into he Knowledge base.

Edited by Gepard

@Gepard

No worries mate, thanks very much for the tutorial :good:

@Wrench

Yes, oh yes :biggrin:

Nessie for Loch Ness, absolutely :rofl: