Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Inadvertant Stealth acft

Well, was trying to hex edit an LOD file and came up with the ultimate stealth technology aircraft...

The weapons would still lit up like a chrismas tree on radar tought? I heard they had that problems with F-117 and B2.

Edited by tigertompa

ill take the first stab at it.... its a New Stealth F-4!

Still looks like an F-4 to me Mike! :haha:

The weapons would still lit up like a chrismas tree on radar tought? I heard they had that problems with F-117 and B2.

It was assumed that weapons could make the radar signature larger for the F-117 and B-2...but only for the time the weapon's bays are open.

And the sim doesn't model RCS THAT closely.

Gotta be careful with those LODs...

FastCargo

I was seeing if it was possible to hex-edit the F-4D.LOD to make the inner leading edge flaps move as it does on the F-4B, as all three models (F-4B/C/D) all have 3-piece leading edge flaps which move. I have not at all been successful with this. Has anyone come up with a fix for this. The F-4C and D have no mesh name part for this inner flap as the F-4B.LOD does. I have sent a couple of PMs out to see if anyone has come up with a fix for this that they'd like to share. I would pay to have a C and D model Phantom with 3-piece slats which move. I could even live with the thin wing/main gear tires of the B if someone could make a bulge under the nose to look like a D-model.

Please give me a shout if anyone has a fix for this . This is the F-4B.LOD used as a D (with incorrect nose):

Thanks,

Mike D.