Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Iron Man

Watched the movie this morning.....Big thumbs up from me.

Once again we have another adaptation of a Marvel Super Hero....but this one, IMHO, has got to be about the best I've seen. Be prepared to sit thru the creation of Iron Man himself for most of the movie, but without the extensive buildup, all the sequels would be worthless.

And there will be sequels.

Fates

thought it was good too liked the hugh remark but had to explaine to wife n kids

I though it was an awesome film. However, I have yet to do some Wiki research into how true it was to the comic books.

Did it deserve the PG-13 rating?

I would say it more like a PG-10+. There is a brief scene with Tony Stark telling a reporter he'd like to spend 2 minutes in bed with her....then it shows the bedroom scene for about 4 seconds...other then that...yes. PG would have been too much and G would have been to little.

It is basically a modern day retelling of the origin. Like in Spider-man the spider was originally radioactive not, genetically engineered. I think Iron Man origin took place in South East asia originally (tales of suspense #39, 1963) and it was a land mine not a mortar like device. But, given the geopolitical climate, this fit much better I think. After the credits the SHIELD references become clear with a surprise appearance and a referance to the AVENGER initiave. I here IM will make an appearance in the HULK too. I think they are building to an Avenger movie. This would be cool if you could get the big name actors to stick it out.

Too many coming out this summer. I'm waiting for the Bluray release!

it was a land mine not a mortar like device.

Eh? I thought it was an RPG that blew up next to him that was responsible for the shrapnel insertion...

Anyways, I totally loved the movie - guess I gotta get the DVD to get the thing after the credits, I missed it... DAMN! Well, it's a good enough movie for me to get the DVD anyways, although I went to see the movie because I'm a robot/mecha fan, I'm not at all familiar with the comic books... Nevertheless, it's definitely a must see!!