Sign in to follow this  
Seawolf

Petition may not be the best option at this point, here is w

actually, i think the petition WILL serve a purpose - free advertising ;)

You may have a point Bard, but to be honest who really knows about all this? Like the guy said in the post we are the only ones that know about it and the ones that make up the real sales numbers havent a clue about all this.

It's been said time and time again "We are our own worst enemy"

As I've said before (on the LOMAC forum), we (the hardcore freaks) are not the ones that bring in all the cash. We are the ones that provide that initial boost sales.

Just look at SF, people are still buying it (not many, but a few). They need to market this game to the fullest, and not kill it with a premature demo release.

After all, wouldnt you like to see a few hundred perhaps thousand new simmers playing online? LOMAC is our best hope for preserving flight sims. If it does well, perhaps we will see future instalments in the LOMAC line, and hopefully a few more comanies will spend money on our genre.

Now if ED was ready to send out the Final product in November, then I would be all for it, but they are not ready, and they may delay it again (I hope not). So releasing the demo to please a couple thousand hardcore posters does not make sense on a grand scale.

One more thing, the fact that the previews were handed out, should be good enough for us hardcore peeps. Atleast now we get more first hand info on the game, and get to request some screens, and vids.

Once again, the posters on the forums have already signed on for LOMAC, and they dont need the DEMO to persuade their pocket books. I see some people talkin smack over on other forums, about how they wont be buying the game, and that might stay true for a little bit, but eventually that little box is going to ware on those people and they will end up buying it. And even if a small minority of idiots still refuse to buy LOMAC, I dont think UBI's gonna sweat'em at all.

As for me, as a college student, a DEMO does not sway my opinion on whether or not to buy a game... I'll be wondering if not eating for a week is worth a new game... I'm still feeling the hole in my account from buying the new madden.

Cheers,

Enjoy the wait :wink:

Mista Saffell

Noles-37, Heels-0

I agree with what the author wrote to a point,

After Project 1, and the 1 millionth delay of LOMAC I've learned two things in my years of Flight Simming... have Patience and avoid Early Purchasing.

I'm personnaly delaying my purchase of LOMAC. Why? because frankly I feel as though I've been teased, by the countless screenies and movies.

I've been with the Flanker Sim Line from near the beginning and I know LOMAC will be Kick Ass; however I'm tierd of rushing out the door to be the first kid on the block with the new toy. What that has gotten me in the passed was dissapointment and being a Full Price Beta Tester. Look at Project 1, this thing almost a year later is still unfinished for lack of a better term. yeah you got testers who pop in and say TK is working on this or that and patch 2 is just around the corner, yah, yah, been hearing that s**t for months.

Oh well ya think that didn't teach me something. I delayed for almost a year in purchasing IL2 (the best dam Sim I own BTW) Not only did I get a good sim but the Bugs were mostly squashed. I hold companies accountable now.

I do this by my hard earn dollar. I will wait, let the price slide and pick it up for about $20 bucks or so. Call me cheap if you want but it's the only way I can execute my financial enpowerment. This economy is bad folks, and money is tight not to mention the most important thing (to me) is that we have troops in Harms Way out there. Some of them are our own community members. Who aren't playing a damn game!

So yes I will purchase the Sim but not right away and don't give that crap about support the Genre arguement cause that's BS too. Just my opinion folks and I'm not flamming anyone who's own opinion differs from mine. But beleive it or not I can and will delay on the purchase.

Peace

BirdDogg. 8)