Sign in to follow this  
comrpnt

Falklands 1982 Mod - Mission pack v1.10

Falklands 1982 Mod - Mission pack v1.10

Falklands Mod for SFP1/SFG – comrpnt’s Mission Pack

Welcome to comrpnt’s mission pack for the Falklands mod for SFP1/SFG.

The missions contained within this pack replicate much of the action that took place over Port Stanley on the 1st May 1982. Details of which can be found here: http://www.naval-history.net/F34opsweek5.htm

Acknowledgements

I would like to thank Kesselbrut and the rest of this talented team for providing the excellent Falklands 1982 mod. It is without equal. I am grateful for being asked to contribute to it with these missions, which have been a long time in creation - over a year in fact - while the mod took shape. However, I think you'll agree, it's been worth the wait.

Disclaimer

If there are any problems with these missions and my own mods, then please contact me directly. Thanks.

Update v1.10

This mod has been updated on request to remove direct links to any Capun and A-team prerequisite models. Instead, please contact Capun for access - details enclosed.

Missions Overview

The missions in this pack are quite complex and usually involve up to 25 Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Fuerza Aerea Argentina aircraft in a single scenario. In each mission you can take the part of each key player and experience the mission from their perspective. The aircraft used on each side of the conflict, and their mission as specified in the pack, are detailed as follows:

British Forces

RN Harrier FRS1 departs HMS Invincible on CAP mission, prior to RAF Black Buck 1 strike

RN Harrier FRS1 flight departs HMS Invincible on CAP mission, prior to Port Stanley strike

RN Harrier FRS1 flights depart HMS Hermes on strike missions on Port Stanley airfield

RN Harrier FRS1 flights depart HMS Hermes on strike missions on Goose Green airfield

RN Lynx HAS2 departs HMS Alacrity on Anti-ship strike near Port Stanley

RN Lynx HAS2 departs HMS Alacrity on ASW mission near carrier battle group (AI only)

RN SeaKing flight departs HMS Hermes on ASW mission near carrier battle group (AI only)

RAF Vulcan B2 departs Ascension Island (not modeled) on Black Buck 1 strike on Port Stanley airfield

RAF Victor K2 departs Ascension Island (not modeled) to refuel Vulcan B2 en route to Port Stanley

Argentine Forces

FAA Skyhawk A-4C departs Stanley airbase on intercept mission of RN strike force

FAA Beechcraft T-34B departs Goose Green airbase on intercept mission of RN strike flight

FAA IAI Dagger departs Rio Gallegos airbase for attack mission on RN coastal bombardment group

FAA Mirage III departs Rio Gallegos airbase on intercept mission of RN CAP flight

FAA BAC Canberra departs San Julian airbase for attack mission on main RN task force

FAA Lockheed C-130A departs Rio Grande airbase for supply dash to Port Stanley airfield

FAA Lockheed KC-130 departs Rio Grande airbase on air-to-air refuelling tanker mission (AI only)

Prerequisites

There are a few prerequisites for this set of missions and links to each of them are included in the HTML ReadMe file.

Contents

1. Comprehensive installation guide (i.e ReadMe)
  2. Combat missions for each major player (as detailed above) for action on May 1, 1982
  3. Detailed mission briefing packs for UK and Argentine forces
  4. Enhancements to the Malvinas targets file
  5. Enhancements to the Malvinas types file
  6. Enhanced planning maps
  7. Airfield lights enhancements for Stanley, Goose Green and Argentine mainland airbases

Screenshots of some of the scenarios available in this mission pack are available on the following Web pages:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...522&fpart=5

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...718#Post2351718

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...154#Post2498154

Any problems, please let me know. Thanks.

Regards, comrpnt.

Excelent work!!! :clapping:

I played the missions that you've created and they are great!!!

Just one question: I have "Falklands Mode" installed in WoE, does exist a way to view the presentations (Mission Briefings) of this missions?

Than you!!! :ok:

I played the missions that you've created and they are great!!!

Just one question: I have "Falklands Mode" installed in WoE, does exist a way to view the presentations (Mission Briefings) of this missions?

Than you!!! :ok:

The mission briefings have to be read outside of the simulation, using the Powerpoint viewer application. I use ALT-TAB to switch between the Sim and the briefings.

To include the briefings inside the game will require a major re-write of the menu system to point at each one. While this can be done it will also mean that you change the behaviour of the menu system and this makes it difficult to change or expand the menus for future missions as they come available.

I hope that this answers your question. Glad to hear that you like the missions. :-)

Regards, comrpnt.

The mission briefings have to be read outside of the simulation, using the Powerpoint viewer application. I use ALT-TAB to switch between the Sim and the briefings.

To include the briefings inside the game will require a major re-write of the menu system to point at each one. While this can be done it will also mean that you change the behaviour of the menu system and this makes it difficult to change or expand the menus for future missions as they come available.

I hope that this answers your question. Glad to hear that you like the missions. :-)

Regards, comrpnt.

nice work.

:good:

I've got a mission pack for this mod partly built but without the supporting stuff you have developed. If you don't mind, I'd like to complete my mini-project (when time permits) using your's as a template/model for how to build these. Great layout!

Ist very great man ,i like the historical campain

Excelent work!!!

nice work.

:good:

I've got a mission pack for this mod partly built but without the supporting stuff you have developed. If you don't mind, I'd like to complete my mini-project (when time permits) using your's as a template/model for how to build these. Great layout!

Sure Typhoid, be my guest. Glad you like it. If you want a source file for the briefings PPS then PM me - I'll send it along.

Cheers, regards, comrpnt.

Saaaaaawwweeettt!!!

I'm glad somebody did this!

Good job!

Wrench

kevin stein

This is an excellent package. The briefings and maps, coupled with information from Falklands War webpage and a few books, the whole conflict can be relived.

I just flew the beginning 2 missions, and both the Argentine QRA scramble and the Black Buck Raid was a blast. Adrenaline pumping all the way!

It's not too easy and it's not impossible but very challanging.. The AI actions are sometimes incredible and sometimes just plain dumb, depends on the situation, I just wish they had a few more variables defined and IF/then/else code inserted to their decision making routines..

In any case, Falklands terrain/campaign is wonderful, full of original objects and towns, and this mission pack just completes it. (only the first day actually :biggrin:

So thank you comrpnt, and kesselbrut&co. :good:

Has anyone else encountered a bug reported to me today regarding UK ships still being in position, AFTER their inactivedate?

Basically, my changes defined the UK fleet over two days, to represent 1 May, 1982 morning (AM) and afternoon (PM). This is achieved in-game by having my AM missions as 1 May, 1982 and my PM missions and 2 May, 1982 - that was the only way I could work it.

BUT, on 3 May, 1982 any missions flown should not find any of the UK fleet I defined as targets, as I set inactivedate to the latest date of 05/03/1982.

One player noted that he still sees the UK ships after 2nd May bombarding Stanley airfield, so has anyone else tried this?

BTW, my install base is SFG and for me everything is working as I intended.

Over to you chaps now - report in if you've seen anything unusual related to this topic.

Many thanks, regards, comrpnt.

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=6702

File Name: Falklands 1982 Mod - comrpnt mission pack 1

File Submitter: comrpnt

File Submitted: 28 May 2008

File Category: User Made Missions

Falklands Mod for SFP1/SFG – comrpnt's Mission Pack

Welcome to comrpnt's mission pack for the Falklands mod for SFP1/SFG.

The missions contained within this pack replicate much of the action that took place over Port Stanley on the 1st May 1982. Details of which can be found here: http://www.naval-history.net/F34opsweek5.htm

Acknowledgements

I would like to thank Kesselbrut and the rest of this talented team for providing the excellent Falklands 1982 mod. It is without equal. I am grateful for being asked to contribute to it with these missions, which have been a long time in creation - over a year in fact - while the mod took shape. However, I think you'll agree, it's been worth the wait.

Disclaimer

If there are any problems with these missions and my own mods, then please contact me directly. Thanks.

Missions Overview

The missions in this pack are quite complex and usually involve up to 25 Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Fuerza Aerea Argentina aircraft in a single scenario. In each mission you can take the part of each key player and experience the mission from their perspective. The aircraft used on each side of the conflict, and their mission as specified in the pack, are detailed as follows:

British Forces

RN Harrier FRS1 departs HMS Invincible on CAP mission, prior to RAF Black Buck 1 strike

RN Harrier FRS1 flight departs HMS Invincible on CAP mission, prior to Port Stanley strike

RN Harrier FRS1 flights depart HMS Hermes on strike missions on Port Stanley airfield

RN Harrier FRS1 flights depart HMS Hermes on strike missions on Goose Green airfield

RN Lynx HAS2 departs HMS Alacrity on Anti-ship strike near Port Stanley

RN Lynx HAS2 departs HMS Alacrity on ASW mission near carrier battle group (AI only)

RN SeaKing flight departs HMS Hermes on ASW mission near carrier battle group (AI only)

RAF Vulcan B2 departs Ascension Island (not modeled) on Black Buck 1 strike on Port Stanley airfield

RAF Victor K2 departs Ascension Island (not modeled) to refuel Vulcan B2 en route to Port Stanley

Argentine Forces

FAA Skyhawk A-4C departs Stanley airbase on intercept mission of RN strike force

FAA Beechcraft T-34B departs Goose Green airbase on intercept mission of RN strike flight

FAA IAI Dagger departs Rio Gallegos airbase for attack mission on RN coastal bombardment group

FAA Mirage III departs Rio Gallegos airbase on intercept mission of RN CAP flight

FAA BAC Canberra departs San Julian airbase for attack mission on main RN task force

FAA Lockheed C-130A departs Rio Grande airbase for supply dash to Port Stanley airfield

FAA Lockheed KC-130 departs Rio Grande airbase on air-to-air refuelling tanker mission (AI only)

Prerequisites

There are a few prerequisites for this set of missions and links to each of them are included in the HTML ReadMe file.

Contents

1. Comprehensive installation guide (i.e ReadMe)
  2. Combat missions for each major player (as detailed above) for action on May 1, 1982
  3. Detailed mission briefing packs for UK and Argentine forces
  4. Enhancements to the Malvinas targets file
  5. Enhancements to the Malvinas types file
  6. Enhanced planning maps
  7. Airfield lights enhancements for Stanley, Goose Green and Argentine mainland airbases

Screenshots of some of the scenarios available in this mission pack are available on the following Web pages:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...amp;fpart=5

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...Post2351718

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...Post2498154

Any problems, please let me know. Thanks.

Regards, comrpnt.

Click here to download this file <------- dos not work (REPAIR PLEASE) !!!!

Edited by Lucas Soria

Please be more specific. I don't have time at present to wade through each of the missions to find the bugs you want 'repaired' (VMFA-531 is my priority task at present).

If it's the case that the Falklands mod scenario upon which this mission pack is based is broken - as I believe it is - then fixing this pack is a waste of time, as the underlying infrastructure is broken. First the base mod, then the missions pack. Patience my friend - it will get done in time, once I know what the problems are, after the base mod has been updated.

Regards, comrpnt.