I think that we will add a built in laser designator so as far as i know we could use a JDAM like LGB without change the guidance mode. I'll check but i think it's working.

Thanks for the video, there's a lot of good things in it :ok:

I wish there was a button on my car that brought me into a hover... :D

The test is ok for GPS homing bombs. But there's no image of the target even with a laser designation pod.

The only way is to turn the bomb in LGB or EOGB. The problem is when you drop your last bomb you loose the sight.

But i have a trick to solve that :yes:

Well, are there some more pics? maybe of the bird in flight :biggrin:

Im shakin dudes,thanks for all the hard work...why did i have to los my pc at such a critical time?!?!?!

This model looks SUPERB!!!!

This model looks SUPERB!!!!

Is there a pit?

Weapons testing...everything is in the right place now...lights work too.

gallery_12105_43_10745.jpg

FastCargo

until I saw the F-35 here I really didn't know much about it other than seeing a few pics on the net,now I really can't get enough of these screenshots.Thanks guys for making me an adict. :diablo:

let me ask....

automatic bomb bay doors(as in F/A-37) and refueling boom door animation too?

A lesson in control logic (or how to make a non-FBW sim engine simulate a FBW aircraft in control surface movement).

Through a system that combines animations and multiple invisible links, we can simulate multi-input control surface movement.

Starting with a clean F-35 (the white background is overcast with the bloom mod):

gallery_12105_43_69508.jpg

We then deploy the speedbrake:

gallery_12105_43_146435.jpg

The control deflections are based on the LockMart testpilot notes, talking about what surfaces move to do the speedbrake function. Rudders, leading and trailing edge flaps. My assumption was the rudders move inward, the TEFs (trailing edge flaps) move up to increase drag and spoil lift, but the LEFs (leading edge flaps) move downward to compensate for the loss of lift (plus I've never heard of LEFs deflecting upward).

Now, then I throw the stick hard right:

gallery_12105_43_144231.jpg

Note that though the speedbrake is still deployed (and remains so for the rest of the pictures), the left TEF now switches downward, and the right TEF increases it's deflection. In addition, you can see the elevators swing to help with the turn (like various other fighters, the elevators perform rolling and pitch duties).

As the aircraft slows down and AOA increases, the flaps deploy automatically (note the speedbrake is still deployed) and switch downward to increase lift.

gallery_12105_43_127337.jpg

As the AOA continues to increase, the slats deflect further downward:

gallery_12105_43_99195.jpg

And while this is going on, I throw in full left rudder:

gallery_12105_43_92699.jpg

Note how the rudders will increase or decrease deflection to give the yaw input directed by the pilot.

Finally, throw in a left aileron input (again, the speedbrake has been deployed the whole time):

gallery_12105_43_75164.jpg

You can see how all the surfaces work to execute the input done by the pilot.

Now, this is all sort of smoke and mirrors. Things work correctly in the proper direction. However, because, unlike the real aircraft where there are limiters in deflection amounts, the sim doesn't have such a thing. So the visual limits have to be smaller to prevent ugly deflection amounts in an additive sense.

It will take an FM guru to adjust the numbers to make it pretty with no 'twitching'. But it's a facinating exercise...and fun to make happen.

FastCargo

Damn, I wish I could test pilot that. Way to go Klavs! Great work FC on simulating FBW for this sim. Was wondering if our trouble shooting on the F/A-18F gave you the idea to do this.

Good thing im not in high school anymore I would deffinetly need my school books to walk down the hall after this visual.

Damn, I wish I could test pilot that. Way to go Klavs! Great work FC on simulating FBW for this sim. Was wondering if our trouble shooting on the F/A-18F gave you the idea to do this.

Yes, it did. I wanted to make sure the F-35 would have the proper working control movements.

Now, to be fair, there are other aircraft that already do this sort of thing in the sim (the F-14, F-22, F-23, Gripen, EF2000, etc). However there is a significant difference between those aircraft and the F-35.

As far as I can tell, the F-35 is the only aircraft where the wing only has one TEF surface (other aircraft have at least 2 trailing edge surfaces per wing) AND that TEF surface is influenced by three separate channels (speedbrake, flaps, and aileron).

Also, some of the other aircraft achieve manuvering through 'virtual' surfaces...where nothing moves on the model but an aerodynamic effect is seen with a control input. On the F-35, you put in an input...SOMETHING is going to move on the visual model...

FastCargo

Do you guys see this!?! FastCargo was sitting on a park bench, a ball bounced up, he took it, ran with it, and he's at Mach 1.4 and accelerating!

I go flying for a few hours and come home to... just... amazement. I just make shapes and paint them, FC is bringing them to LIFE!!!

Don't look at me man...the timing was good...I had a LONG layover in Lubbock, TX and so had nothing to do but get this badboy in game. Having literally a full day to dedicate to nothing but one model is very rare for me...

Blame Dave, he's the one always roping me into projects... :biggrin:

FastCargo

Its looking Great! Just Like its RL counterpart, i'm looking forward to its first deployment and can't wait to see em in the skies! :yes:

Nice work and Thank You to Everyone involved and an extra thank you to FC for the work on the FBW system and showing us how it all works. :good:

Wow!! :blink: it's amazing. al those control movements and the bird is flying.

Please can it have a future Dutch airforce skin? :biggrin: For the Dutch airforce that gets the F-35A in 2015.

Edited by ronan

Interesting pics, but still have a question is this the VTOL version?!

F-35A: CTOL

F-35B: VSTOL

F-35C: CV

This would be an A model.

oha cool! maybe dump question will you make the other models out of the A?! Is it possible?!

Do you even have to ask?

Well.... I'm happy with one F-35. because of more types my old computer gets a litle bit slow.