Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Supreme Court upholds right to own guns

AMEN! The most recent LA riots come to mind. Chaos in the streets. People rushing to gun shops to buy some protection and are AGHAST to find that they have to wait 5 DAYS to pick up their guns. Well DUH!!! Stupid idiots. Another ridiculous aspect of the waiting period law...I may already own 50 guns but if I want to buy another I have to wait 24 hr. or 3-5 days. The intent of the law being a "cooling off" period in case I want to buy a gun to shoot someone. :haha:

slave owning land holding aristocrat?

Can't we all just get along. :blink:

Honestly this is one of those issues that needs to be discussed In a logical emotion free environment. As an expert in hand to hand, hand to weapon and weapon to weapon combat

I can attest that everything that rugbutt is saying here is true. For some reason untrained people fear guns more than knives, or for that matter improvised explosives. Yes some one could

obtain a squad automatic weapon{illegally..on the black market} and catch a lot of people in what we call a fatal funnel, but that is not what we are talking about here. We are talking about

handguns, rifles and shotguns sold lawfully in the united states. The major difference between living in our times vs th founding fathers- to put this carnage into perspective -is not as much the weapons

as it is the mindset of the people who may obtain weaponry. We have devolved as a society when it comes to morality and a respect for the lives of others. We have a greatly increased perportion of

dysfunctional sociopathic individuals who freely roam our nation. We have adopted a culture in which the shame falls on those who "judge others " for their bad behavior, no shame at all falls on those who

act out in a bizzare manner( early warning signs that this guy in not right in the head). We have also largely done away with the concept of the Insane asylum, in the past those with the tendency to

"Nut Up" could look forward to an extended stay thus removing them and their behavior problems from the population.

I understand that some people think that the simplest solution -disarming every one- is a no brainer. But actually that is exactly what it is because the killing will go on and all that will be affected is our freedom. Mass killings continue around the world in the wake of draconian gun control measures. Many of these people who fault the guns in this issue are really good people at heart they just do not see the

full equation. And responsible gun owners are rightly angry that the Banners are so willing to Sacrifice the bill of rights rather than take a serious look(with out emotion) at the problem.

Anyways lets try to get along here, we don't really come here to talk politics .... do we :rolleyes:

Edited by Icarus999