Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Flighsim

California wildfires

Yeah. We are on fire here pretty much every year, North, South and in between. You name it it has been on fire! :blink::shok:

That was a while ago. I think either 01 or 02, when the C-130 tanker crashed.

Edited by suhsjake

I remember back when we had the Mountian Park fire here. We got evac notice, and we were in the middle of the city. We used to stand on the roof of our house and watch the flames.

There was also the Martin Mars water bombers droning around. Too bad they can't replace the old radial engines with some new turbines, because those bombers saved many a home.

I remember when I drove down from my place in L.A. to my aunt and uncle's house in San Diego during those fires. Once you got into S.D. county, ash just started floating down on you like as if it was snow. It was very much like an appocoliptic feeling for me.

The Martin Mars is on contract this year again. No recent pictures tho.

No gripe with P-3s or SEATs but i like the recips on the Mars, P2Vs, DC-4, 6, 7s. :ph34r:

Edited by charlielima