Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Legacy what the hell is this!

I`m a little frustrated cause I bought the game for 10 bucks and was thinkin it`s something good like "Klingon Academy" with damn nice interface for subsystem management and crewmanagement, along with nice graficeffects and story. But KA is much better than legacy. The feeling flying a ship in a 3D space is better you fly every manouver and you are not related to a invisible floor like in other flightsims on earth. try to do a looping and you will see what happen. This game is my greates frustration of 2008 ( I know it`s old but I bought it this year)

Shipmanagement is bad

crew " what is this...

atmosphere get sucked into a black hole

simulationaspect was shot down by the programmer.

those screens looks great but.... I don`t want to play graficeffects, I need a good game!!!!

i was also very disappointed in st:legacy (i hate that pizza-box representation of space combat)

so i gave up altogether on star trek sims, and i'm playing again, after many years, st: birth of the federation with a big smile on my face.

Same with me! I bought it too for 10 Euro (and with much hope), and...

The strange thing is. First I installed the TLG 2.3 mod before runnung the game the first time - BAD idea! In the first mission the two (three?) romulans killed me before the end of the cutscene... Great!

I will install my old klingon academy with some addons I found the defiant and some others. And will have a blast with this great game! Maybe I have a ne CD on the wall pinned... Damn we lost 10 bucks!

before giving up on Legacy try the new Aftermath mod. I can tell you it is a totally different feel. Legacy is becoming what it should have been when it was first released.

I don`t like the flight modell cause you cannot fly a looping you are restricted on a flat area! and the system mangament is very very simple!!

Ist the new aftermath better?

The game is limited by what consoles dictated. You can't be complex with a gamepad. The 2-D is unfortunate, but face it the movies/TV were largely 2D as well. After all, movie and TV ARE 2D. :grin:

I don`t like the flight modell cause you cannot fly a looping you are restricted on a flat area! and the system mangament is very very simple!!

Ist the new aftermath better?

In a word..YEAH!! it's finally starting to become the game we all wanted. Try it, and you'll see. It's not perfect, BUT all things concidered it's a giant step in the right direction.