Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Favre to the Jets

I wish he would just go away. For the past year I haven't been able to watch a football game (even one not involving the Packers) without hearing the commentators talk about Favre Favre Favre.

I hope he has a good year and doesn't get hurt(cough,cough).

Hey Brett,You've had 18 years,give the new guys a chance. It was your choice to retire,no one elses.

HooRah for the Pack for sticking with their new guys.

He is away from the kid glove media,It's a whole new game in the NY media.Plus the fans don't care if he's Johny Unitis,after his first int he'll hear the boos and slurs.Plus no offence to Jets fans but the team really isn't that good,I don't think to highly of the Jets line and his tired old bones might not stay whole.His "toughness t o be honest really isn't that impressive after all he's a QB and for the last 20 years QB have been treated like little glass plates.if they get a wiff of a hit the flags go flying.I am not Bret Favre I am not a pro and god knows I'm not really that good,but I played Semi-pro football for 19 seasons and I was playing D line the first 10 and o line the rest at a weight between 230lbs and 270 lbs and went up against players 60-100lbs more than me consistantly and I misses 1 game in that time and that was my rookie season and that was because I was in a play.I suffered a torn ACL and MCL in the final game of the 2006 season and I was back on the field the next season starting 6 games at 5 different positions and playing on special teams.Bret Favre is a hall of fame player and was one of the best but now to me he's rather selfish and quite old.He may have a good year he may have a gfreat year but he lost any chance of going out with class.I retired after that one last season and while I am having panic attacks because For the first time in 27 years I'm not playing organized football I will not go back unless my coach calls me because of a major injury situatin.and except for some beer money I did it for the love of the game.I missed a friends wedding,my best friends funeral,my grandfathers funeral and football was one issue in my first divorce.I've seen somone die 10 feet from me on the field and saw his mother and wife in the stands.Football can be adicting and the draw is almost overwhelming but somtimes you just have to stop and live. I'm not playing organized football anymore unless my coach calls me because of a major injury situatin.I still have loyalty to my friends.Please dont think my rant is about me being a "pro"or "tough" football player or anything like that,I just wanted to explain why I feel the way I do.below is a list of injuries I have sustained and not missed games for

Broken foot

6 broken ribs

2 concusions

12 broken fingers

3 broken toes

4 broken nose

4 stiches in my tounge

ACL tear

MCL tear

at least 4-5 ancle or elbow sprains

pissed blood 2 times

cr@ped blood once

1 dislocated shoulder

3-5 dislocated fingers

multitude of turf burns and cuts (most becoming infected)

7 stiches in shin

hip pointer

bruised kidney

about 100 hangovers :closedeyes:

I wish he would just go away. For the past year I haven't been able to watch a football game (even one not involving the Packers) without hearing the commentators talk about Favre Favre Favre.

Agreed. I am getting very tired of this story. Just f**king retire, already!!

OHHH GAWD!!!!!!! NOW WE HAVE to have JETTS JETTS JETTS on national TV again and Madden doing all the commenting were oh were are they going to cut dallas and Oakland's time hAA HAAA I guess they will just not show GB as much.....

Well....since his retirement, EA sports put him on the cover of Madden '08 in order to break the Madden curse. LMFAO! Now the curse will double its power. Favre is back and will be plagued with the Madden curse.

I personally have lost respect for the icon that he has become. I think all "Football" fans have done the same. If Peyton Manning left the Colts for the Cardinals I would feel the same way. Favre had a chance to go out with dignity, become a legend as #4 Green and Gold in Green Bay and sell memoriablia for centuries.... He puts his mind ahead of his age and joins the Jets to probably live out one or two completely disgraceful years in football.

M