11e98b6c4e.jpg Edited by LloydNB

Nice Lloyd!!

I have enhanced templates, if you're a needing them.

Reminds me to finish off my A-24 Banshee....be nice to have to have to have it get shot down over New Gueinea. Easy to re-decals for Free French AF too.

Wrench

kevin stein

No need for the templates Wrench. I have the Squadron/Signal Dauntless (No.33) book, so I'll make my own.

Yeah, I know about having too many projects on the go. I must get back to working on the Martletts.

LloydNB

Here's a couple of other I'm working on for the 'early war-ish' times, ie: Solomons:

VT-3 Avengers (reworked data ini creates TBF-1, with 30 cal nose gun) USS Saratoga, circa battle of santa cruz (or generic!)

tbf1_vt3.jpg

VMF-124 F4U-1 (NOT -1A!!!)

f4u1_vmf124.jpg

Obviously, the major difference is it SHOULD be birdcage Corsair, but we work with what we have. Still tring to figure out a decal to 'fake' the frameworks. White 13 is Ken Walsh's aircraft.

Wrench

kevin stein

Of course the RNZAF flew both the Avenger (Grumman TBF-1C) and the Corsair, so these are on my "to-do" list as well.

The Avenger was never used in its traditional role of torpedo bomber by the RNZAF. They were used as dive bombers by Nos. 30 and 31 Squadrons, who deployed to Piva, Bouganville. As a secondary role the Avengers sprayed Japanese gardens with diesel oil.

In 1947 the RNZAF was asked to carry out trials of aerial seed sowing and topdressing. The Air Board agreed and allocated a Grumman Avenger aircraft, with a specially fitted auxilliary petrol tank converted into a hopper which was installed in the bomb bay. It was loaded to carry 2240 lb of fertiliser.

LloydNB

Code and serial numbers to be done.

LloydNB

post-2351-1222902143_thumb.jpg

No.25 Squadron RNZAF and so far generic USN.

LloydNB

post-2351-1223489899_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1223489911_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB