Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

NEUTRAL side in a Campaign?

Guest pfunkmusik

Anyone ever tried a third force, being NEUTRAL?

What's it do?

pfunk

I tried it a long time ago. No result. Seems to be that neutral is not working in Campaign.

As Gepard says, I don't think it works. I tried adding a USN Battle Group as a "neutral" group to the Iran/Iraq Campaign mod. Never got it working right...

SB

Well, everyone would love to have a NEUTRAL side in things...which also meant that the whole NAM scenario and stuff.

Guest pfunkmusik

Here's what I was curious about.

Providing a NEUTRAL force for a player to play in campaign mode while the AI fights it out.

Kinda like the War of Attrition campaigns for WOI, where's it's mostly just whacking on each other with no territory gained, but instead you just let the AI have at it.

I wanted to pit the Soviets against the Chinese with the Americans simply providing a backstop to preventing the conflict from widening.

Guess that doesn't work, hunh?

pfunk

From what I've heard from people trying to introduce civilian aircraft, such as airliners and so on, they've noted that they've had to assign them as either friendly or enemy thus far. So I'd say, on that basis, that unfortunately neutral designation doesn't work at the moment. Although I hope I'm wrong about that. :yes:

...What about militarized versions of the said airliners, like the E-3, the KC-135 (and it's many 367-80 'brothers') and KC-X candidates? We can make them like Florian's A310 (we need an A330 or something newer...).

We don't have datalink yet, but we can have the guys for it...just in case datalink is implemented in the future.

EDIT: I should learn to model, but all I have is gmax...

Edited by kct