Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

the Olympics

Well, say what you want about China...but a $40 BILLION construction project and unknown amounts for the party and security and everything else...not to mention the loosely tied costs like the MAGLEV which had to be completed in time, but arguably not in the Olympic budget and all of the renovations in Beijing.

Of course they alone have the money thanks to Wal-Mart.

I would not want to have to follow that act...good luck, London! Just glad that America's failing infrastructure wont be highlighted in front of the world.

The medal counting is always funny...America likes to count total medals while most others think Gold, then Silver, then Bronze sets the overall rankings.

What I learned most about the Olympics is that Chinese Woman Diver is hot...while the rest of you perverts were watching the 11-year-old gymnastics I was appreciating the finer arts of Diving and women synchronized swimming/wh0re make-up...really was it really necessary to invent a sport that combined semi-under water ballet with playing-in-her-mothers-make-up-kit-cosmetics into one sport?

Well...at least Thailand won a couple of medals...in women's weight lifting nonetheless...surely I expect Germany to take that event, but a country known to have 88-pound women produced Gold medal victors...astounding!

And Nigeria won exactly nothing...period...even Togo made a better showing...but Nigeria didnt win the World Cup (like the world series of Soccer, but the rest of the world actually gets to play--translated for my fellow Americans) and didnt do squat in the Olympics...guess we will have to build a Navy and invade Jamaica...

cheers

the olympics were over 3 weeks ago this been stewing in your head or somthing

Well, say what you want about China...but a $40 BILLION construction project and unknown amounts for the party and security and everything else...not to mention the loosely tied costs like the MAGLEV which had to be completed in time, but arguably not in the Olympic budget and all of the renovations in Beijing.

Of course they alone have the money thanks to Wal-Mart.

I would not want to have to follow that act...good luck, London! Just glad that America's failing infrastructure wont be highlighted in front of the world.

The medal counting is always funny...America likes to count total medals while most others think Gold, then Silver, then Bronze sets the overall rankings.

What I learned most about the Olympics is that Chinese Woman Diver is hot...while the rest of you perverts were watching the 11-year-old gymnastics I was appreciating the finer arts of Diving and women synchronized swimming/wh0re make-up...really was it really necessary to invent a sport that combined semi-under water ballet with playing-in-her-mothers-make-up-kit-cosmetics into one sport?

Well...at least Thailand won a couple of medals...in women's weight lifting nonetheless...surely I expect Germany to take that event, but a country known to have 88-pound women produced Gold medal victors...astounding!

And Nigeria won exactly nothing...period...even Togo made a better showing...but Nigeria didnt win the World Cup (like the world series of Soccer, but the rest of the world actually gets to play--translated for my fellow Americans) and didnt do squat in the Olympics...guess we will have to build a Navy and invade Jamaica...

cheers

Japanese women volleyball players were hot too... :yes: :good:

Falcon

Japanese women volleyball players were hot too... :yes: :good:

Falcon

I agree on the divers!!!!! Its been like that for 18 years, starting with Fu Mingxia!!

Polish women's volleyball are my pick.

Were the chinese women divers any older?

olympic coverage here consisted of all the events involving women wearing as little clothing as is acceptable on TV... There wasn't much other then Women's beach voleyball, gymnastics and diving.

It didn't matter, though, because I spent those two weeks of televised mediocrity at the beach, or off dirtbiking, or sleeping.

Polish women's volleyball are my pick.

Were the chinese women divers any older?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guo_Jingjing

Guo Jingjing is like 26...do yourself a favor and type her name in Google and see what happens.

By the by, in Thai language, 'jing jing" loosely translates as "very true" or "it is certain" or "without a doubt"