Sign in to follow this  
gerwin

Mercenary Aircraft List Problem

I started fiddling with the thirdwire games again, and now I tried to add a playable mercenary unit to a WOE campaign. Now I don't own SFP1, so I just tried to find some ini settings on the internet and also I peeked in the existing ini files.

I got it working 90% pretty easily. I did notice the game lacked an invoice background so I made one myself. Now I can choose a Merc. unit, buy weapons and aircraft, and earn money with missions.

The only problem is the aircraft list in the loadout screen: the entries listed in the listbox do not trigger the proper aircraft. Example: I select an A-4 in the list, but everything else shows I selected an F-100. Any ideas on how to fix this, Maybe I am missing some mercenery related ini-file?

I attached my current WOE-mercenery mod to this post.

woe_mercs.zip

maybe because the Scooters don't exist in a stock WoE install????? Remember, it's a "Air Force" type of game.

Wrench

kevin stein

maybe because the Scooters don't exist in a stock WoE install????? Remember, it's a "Air Force" type of game.

Wrench

kevin stein

Maybe.. So I removed all non-stock aircraft from the WOE installation, and then the aircraft selection list behaves properly :) . Unfortunately as soon as I add even one custom aircraft to the installation (A-7 or F-104 or F-16a or MiG-21) the list begins to mix up the selection. Like i select an F-100 but get the F-104, or the other way around.

Did you check the nationname entry for the aircraft_data.ini? If I recalled correctly they do have an effect on stuff like that.

Did you check the nationname entry for the aircraft_data.ini? If I recalled correctly they do have an effect on stuff like that.

Actually I did... Stock Wgerman and British F-4 phantoms behave fine, Non-Stock USAF F-16A and Wgerman F-104 do not. So the nationname does not seem to cause it.

What about the exported variable? Did not know whether that will affect the aircraft or not, but checking the German and British Phantoms turned up a FALSE.

Edited by kct

What about the exported variable? Did not know whether that will affect the aircraft or not, but checking the German and British Phantoms turned up a FALSE.

Just made a copy of the original F-15A folder and named it F-15C, changed the ini filenames to F-15C and edited F-15C.ini to point to the renamed files. That's all I did and then one gets a flyable aircraft which again messes op the aircraft list as described earlier.

make sure all aircraft folder names are the same as whats called out for in the ini file:

for example

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=F-100D Super Sabre <---- make sure this matches the file name and folder

AircraftDataFile=F-100D_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=F-100D_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=F-100D_hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=F-100D_loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=F-100D_loadout.ini

make sure all aircraft folder names are the same as whats called out for in the ini file:

As far as I can see that is not the case with most of the stock aircraft,

as the file names are the code only (like F-15A) Whilst the aircraft display

name usually has additional characters (like F-15A Eagle).

But thanks for the tip. I will try it out.