Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

What Happened?

loads of mil mi 8's lined up - unfortunately they don't fly in the demo..

post-6-1066080174_thumb.jpg

just spent 40 minutes flying an amazing CAS mission in the hills :)

post-6-1066088082_thumb.jpg

its amazing that u can b pulling less than 20fps in this sim, but it doesn't feel like it..

post-6-1066088263_thumb.jpg

there was wheel smoke in this one, but I snapped it to slowly.... my system has some probs (fps) with all the graphics turned on, but I'm sure it will get better with the newer versions.

post-6-1066093603_thumb.jpg

Alright I got to play around in Sebastopol tonight, and I must say that the city is way better looking in comparison to FB. There are dry docks, monuments, buses driving around, smoke stacks, I shot down a radio tower (it didnt fall over it fell straight down> talk about modeling). Had some freaky things happen with the water (it went into like rainbow colors... didnt know APDU ammo did that to water :D ). I thought this was just gonna be another cheesy modeled sim with the environment, but no, I dropped 2 mk84's on the old Sebastopol fortress, and to my suprise... it blew up, and continued to burn. I got to knock out a couple dry docks, and got real close, and the lighting really kicks ass. Anyway heres a couple of screens for you guys that might be having probs with the demo, or dont have it yet.

Note: these screens are taken on medium settings.

post-6-1066098928_thumb.jpg

Nice shot of the town.... even the soccer field is detailed down to the lines and the goals.

post-6-1066099314_thumb.jpg

yeah i'm v impressed by the level of detail in the cities - the football (sorry soccer for all the US ppl ;)) statiums are a nice touch :D

when you have friendlies in combat, i feel under an amazing amount of pressure, to turn and find my targets much quicker then if they were travelling down the road, the whole time i'm thinking Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t, gotta turn faster get back quick - you can't help but think about ur vehicles under attack the whole time your in the area.. a couple of times i didn't leave enough time to turn and had to make a dry pass.. and other times i thought i'll just pop over this hill, only to find i'd totally dissorientated myself and found that i was flying over the wrong town.. this gives people a totally new perspective on the workload that a Hog pilot puts themselves through everytime they fly CAS. @ 1 point i nearly shot my own tank.. :blink:

post-6-1066121727_thumb.jpg

Are these shots from the demo?

you haven't DL it yet?

this is my first ride in the hog when i got the demo -

having not read the read me file, i couldn't figure out why my guns weren't firing - i read the keyboard commands doc. i'd armed my hog, and even pressed C for cannon (couldn't figure out why i had to do that bit, put it down to it being a beta) and nothing happend when i pulled the trigger.. had i read the read me file, i would have found out that i had to first press 7 to put me in A-G mode... DOH! ;)

pls note the un realistic loss of fuel from the wing - a) as there isn't even a fuel cell in that part of the wing and B) the wings are the first cells of fuel to b used as they aren't protected by the self-sealing cells like in the body of the aircraft, this is so they are dry when the pilot enters combat.. but hey, its beta buld 5 :)

Yes - I`ve DL`d it on the day it was "released". However I didn`t have much time

to screw around with it yet. Whenever I get a chance to fire up the demo, I just

jump into the Mig, get rid of the mirage and head for the hills at "signal buster".

Once I`m there, I get to 20, 30 m and fly around like a madman. The sensation

of speed is unbelievable! ( I set my view to 85 deg., scenes to "high" res. 1600x

1200). Then, pick an airfield and practice overheads at 400 m AGL, 600 km/h.

Need to get the basics before the sim comes out. BTW, maintaining the altitude

became much easier once I assigned the trim function to my Cougar`s hat switch!

Can`t wait for the final version of the FM though.

Oh, good point on your fuel tank observations. Well, it looks cool when something

is streaming out of the hole!

Damn! That vapor out of the hole in the fuel tank is awsome! I didn`t realize

the visual effects are that good in Lock-on. Are these shots from the demo?

That's fule and it is cool!

i got shot in my wing and lost 10,000lb of fuel... not good

anyway more pics ;)

post-6-1066173886_thumb.jpg

just thought i'd add this pic- my son 3 1/2 flying a hog - boy doesn't he like to watch the flares ... :lol:

post-6-1066254420_thumb.jpg

I don't blame him, all those pictures with flares look awesome, I can't wait to start popping them when the full game comes out, as mine now are only black :( :ph34r: