Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

A6M2-N 'Rufe' released

Now available at my site, and soon on the DAT's site, the Nakajima A6M2-N 'Rufe' IJN floatplane fighter.

Sorry, it will NOT be uploaded here to CA. Even I gotta follow rules...

all_rufes.jpg

From the Readme:

Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" Floatplane fighter - for SF/WoV/WoE PTO installs

This is a modification to ArmourDave's A6M2 "Zero" fighter, converting it into the float-plane version as built by Nakajima for the Imperial Japanese Navy. Historically, probably the most successful floatplane fighter ever produced.

There are 2 complete versions of the Rufe included in this package:

1) A6M2-N_Early: this has the light gray skin as used in mid-to-late 1942. This aircraft contains 2 new skins (created from a new template, based off the original skins as seen on some other Zero mods of mine); 11 Kokutai, based aboard the seplane tender 'Kamikawa Maru' in the northern Solomons circa July-August 1942, and 14 Kokutai, also based in the Solomons area. circa 1942 (actually the Shortland Islands, but who's counting?)

2) A6M2-N: this aircraft has the later (ie: early 1943 on) green overall camo. This aircraft ALSO contains 2 new skins (as above); 802 Kokutai based at Jaluit, Marshall Islands circa August 1943; and 902 Kokutai as seen in November, 1943 based at Truk.

As stated above, these are COMPLETE aircraft; ALL files necessary to unzip and fly away (well, you'll be doing a little weapons adding, but that's not too hard...) are provided: inis, cockpits, lods and an engine sound (Hinchbrook's "LavEngine.wav", as I think it has a really nice raspy radial sound). New Hangar Screens for both versions, and 1 new Loading Screen (for the Early) have been provided !!!Only Available In This Mod!!!! :)

==NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS PAK INSTALLED TO GET THE WW2 WEAPONS and GUNS!!==

This aircraft has been tested in SF/WoV/WoE and post-patch WoI (8/29/08). There still are some 'issues' with prop-plane flight models in WoI, but there has been a MARKED improvement!! You use it in WoI at YOUR own risk.

= You WILL also be adding a "new" weapon (drop tank/float), so make double-damn sure you have the correct Weapons Editor for whichever game you're installing it into!! =

More, fully detailed instructions are in the enclosed readme. READ IT!!

Clicky the linky below to go and get it.

Click me!! --->Wrench's Toolbox <--- I"m a Link!!

Yes, it will take off from land bases. I'm awaiting new jungle tods for the Solomons rebuild, and that map has 2 operational seaplane bases, curteousy of Gepards Midway map

Enjoy!

Wrench

kevin stein

Well at least we can get it at Wrench's tool shed, hanger screen depot, haircare and tire shop. Man I wish I kept all of Kevin's whitty saying, we could start a long thread just on those.

Thanks Kevin,

This one is much appreciated.

Cheers to everyone who made this possible :wink::biggrin::good:

I miss writing those sometimes...they WERE fun!!!

Wrench

kevin stein