Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Problems with F-4D upgrades

I've tried contacting Mike directly about it, but havent heard back. In the meantime, I ask you all if you seen the same problem.

The F-4C Bkl21 works fine, but the LORAN, and both Blk30 jets wont show up in game, only the external stores. I've checked that the correct LODs are directed and even dropped copies of each into the folders, but still no go.

Does anyone else have these installed? Any issues?

Thanks!

Jeff

Well, I guess it's a possible patch issue if I'm not the only one having it. There is some disconnect with the lods, even if directed to use them.

Storm

Storm,

When you say the LORAN doesn't work...you mean the LORAN add-on model isn't showing up?

FastCargo

For Mikes F-4D LORAN mod to work you need to rename the lod....look how its named in the ini, this caught me out too. :wink:

OR just change the ini entry itself to the normal F-4D entry.

I think multiple installations are the best thing to do by now,newest patch is an advance but ask yourself if you really want install it,for Ex. DS mod is developped for that,you do a fresh WoE install-patch and install,now is only an hardware problem!If you have a newest one DS mod will be greater,like WoI on it's debut.

YAP and YAP2 don't need that patch for example,and patch a whole modde install is a great risk!

Repeat do a multiple install-rename 'em old & new and you don't loose anything!

Maybe in next future another patch or improvements will solve something,but in my case...one year of modding is one year,I don't want erase these efforts is a few minutes!

For Mikes F-4D LORAN mod to work you need to rename the lod....look how its named in the ini, this caught me out too. :wink:

OR just change the ini entry itself to the normal F-4D entry.

Ant, can you be specific? I'm trying to troubleshoot something similar...

FastCargo

I'm at work right now but IIRC Mike renamed the stock F-4D.LOD to something like F4DLORAN.LOD [going by what the config ini calls for] all I did was replace this with the stock entry & left the lod in the cat file....sorry if I'm not being very clear.

Sorry folks, I had not yet tried my add-ons with the new patch. The .LODs indeed do not seem to work - as was posted, extract the stock F-4C.LOD from the new install/patch and rename it as F-4Dxxx. (The stock D still has the bumps on the undernose RHAW housing that are not correct for a Vietnam-era F-4).

I didn't trash my old install either. I'm waiting for YAP2 to decide for sure. I like the new weapon drag feature after the patch, but if too many issues come up, I'll stick to the pre-patch version too.

Mike

Edited by mppd

Ok, I'll give it another go with renaming the LODS. I'll start with using the F-4C LOD for the D-model upgrades as you said. Thanks!

Storm

The F-16 block 50 and 52 dont show :blink:

Working fine for me.