Sign in to follow this  
smokey799

WOV Scooter Carrier Landing Problems?

Personally everyone, I've noticed ALL aircraft handling differently post Sept patch. Notice how the aircraft squats when you hit the brakes during the rollout and taxying? This is much more pronounced than pre-patch in all games. I've been adjusting the DampeningFactor= to 9.0 ish (one was recently 12.0) for main gear, and 7.0 - 8.0 for nose gear. I don't mess at all with the SpringFactor= value. I learned my lesson there long ago on the TMF F-15C,D, and E. Adjusting the SpringFactor= made the nosewheel sink way below the ground.

Edited by drdoyo

If you change the Dampening Factor to 9.0, the aircraft won't flip or blow up. I'll do more testing and get a new A-4A data out.

Drdoyo,

I just took your advice - cranked the damping factor up, and was able to land an A4C without the twist, rollover, and explosion... thanks.

SB

Personally everyone, I've noticed ALL aircraft handling differently post Sept patch. Notice how the aircraft squats when you hit the brakes during the rollout and taxying? This is much more pronounced than pre-patch in all games. I've been adjusting the DampeningFactor= to 9.0 ish (one was recently 12) for main gear, and 7.0 - 8.0 for nose gear. I don't mess at all with the SpringFactor= value. I learned my lesson there long ago on the TMF F-15C,D, and E. Adjusting the SpringFactor= made the nosewheel sink way below the ground.

I've noticed this as well, what value direction do you change the DampeningFactor, up or down? As for the SpringFactor, which direction did you change the F15C to sink the nose wheel, it would be good to know as I am finding that some aircraft are sitting nose high, some the front wheel isn't even touching the ground!

Many thanks.

I've noticed this as well, what value direction do you change the DampeningFactor, up or down? As for the SpringFactor, which direction did you change the F15C to sink the nose wheel, it would be good to know as I am finding that some aircraft are sitting nose high, some the front wheel isn't even touching the ground!

Many thanks.

I've been adjusting the DampeningFactor= to 9.0 ish (one was recently 12.0) for main gear, and 7.0 - 8.0 for nose gear.

SpringFactor= decrease value to sink, increase value to float.

I was playing with bouncing noses a year ago trying to eliminate them. I'm not sure this value has the same effect on all aircraft. Results seemed to be model dependent.

some the front wheel isn't even touching the ground!

Many thanks.

Just had a thought, are you refering to the F4D-1 Skyray? If so, that is a CG issue. Change it so it reads

[AircraftData]

EmptyMass=7268.0

EmptyInertia=42805.6,9133.7,49992.9

ReferenceArea=51.75

ReferenceSpan=10.21

ReferenceChord=5.25

CGPosition=0.0,1.0,0.0 <==========Change here

Component[001]=Fuselage

Component[002]=Nose

Component[003]=LeftWing

Component[004]=RightWing

Component[005]=LeftOuterWing

Component[006]=RightOuterWing

Component[007]=LeftStab

Component[008]=RightStab

Component[009]=VertTail

Personally everyone, I've noticed ALL aircraft handling differently post Sept patch. Notice how the aircraft squats when you hit the brakes during the rollout and taxying? This is much more pronounced than pre-patch in all games.

I have to admit, I've noticed this as well with ALL aircraft, including stock. Aircraft in general seem a bit more twitchy on the ground. I'd probably go with the DampeningFactor adjustment for those models with severe problems.

FastCargo

I have to admit, I've noticed this as well with ALL aircraft, including stock. Aircraft in general seem a bit more twitchy on the ground. I'd probably go with the DampeningFactor adjustment for those models with severe problems.

FastCargo

concur. I even went so far, briefly, as to go to normal on the flight models. But not challenging or realistic enough on most of them. But a very definite change and much too far.

I did the damping factor 9.0 trick on all my A4's...and upon landing bounced uncontrollably in all variants.

Kind of rules out flying campaign A4's for me until properly fixed. :doh:

Just had a thought, are you refering to the F4D-1 Skyray? If so, that is a CG issue. Change it so it reads

Well I was actually referring to the Meteor F8 and the Vampire but your tip helped with those :good:

Well... I cranked the damping factor all the way up to 15 on the mainwheels of all my A4's - and can now land them all, with the exception of the TA-4. It's still rolling to the left upon hook engagement, falling through the deck and blowing up... hopefully I'll get some time to keep messing...

SB

Oops... looks like I've committed a major "Stupid Human Trick"... I just discovered that after I finished flying my C2 around, I forgot to switch the flightmodel setting back to hard. All my A4's are still blowing up using hard... :-(

Ignore everything I've said up till now!

SB