Sign in to follow this  
JSF_Aggie

Updated WOE Highway Airfield Mod

Hey JSF_Aggie,

You might want to take a look at the positioning of Kleinalmerspann Highway Strip. I started a Red Lightning in an A-10 at that strip and had ZSU's in all the AAA emplacements, making it very difficult to take off! According to the briefing map, it's still in friendly territory, but maybe it's too close to the front...? After I failed the mission, the debrief said the squadron was being re-located...

Otherwise, lookin' good!

That has to be an issue with the campaign, or possibly your edits of the campaign data file.

Kleinalmerspann is set up properly in GERMANYCE_TARGETS.INI. The position is behind the front line of the stock Lightning campaign.

[TargetArea282]

Name=Kleinalmerspann Highway Strip

Position=449000.000000,317000.000000

Radius=8485.281250

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

AirfieldDataFile=ROAD_AIRFIELD1.ini

NumSquadrons=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

Hey JSF_Aggie,

You might want to take a look at the positioning of Kleinalmerspann Highway Strip. I started a Red Lightning in an A-10 at that strip and had ZSU's in all the AAA emplacements, making it very difficult to take off! According to the briefing map, it's still in friendly territory, but maybe it's too close to the front...? After I failed the mission, the debrief said the squadron was being re-located...

Otherwise, lookin' good!

Nah, it's just a TFFOL!

(Too Far Forward Operating Location)

FastCargo

don't forget, the Swedes consider thier highway system as an emergency air base system, their aircraft are designed to us them

Does the WoV terrain have any provisions for the FOBs? Can the WoE "highway bases" be adapted for use in WoV for helos and the FACs? Has this crossed anyone's thoughts?

Storm

Does the WoV terrain have any provisions for the FOBs? Can the WoE "highway bases" be adapted for use in WoV for helos and the FACs? Has this crossed anyone's thoughts?

Storm

You could add the types and add a target area, but you'd have to figure out the placement and the tiles wouldn't be quite right.

I have a FOB I pieced together using the FOB objects from the Falklands mod that I placed in WOV. I can post it up here later if I get a chance, but keep in mind some of the objects required are from the Falklands mod, and the runway is made of Marston Matting, which I'm not sure was around back then.

img00003-2.jpg

Storm

You can do it anywhere, provided the location is perfectly flat. This means you would have to do them in place of a current airbase, or flatten an area via the terrain editor, or Keith Bedford's sfmap program.

I assume TK at least thought about doing something similar to my highway airfield mod, because the target locations where already there, and the areas were already flat.

It's something I can do, but I gotta clean my plate of my current projects, mainly DS.

No rush, really. I was just mentioning it, before the idea was lost.

Cheers,

Storm

P.S. Malibu, that looks great.