Sign in to follow this  
Coot

Die Cast scale models question

Does anyone know if any die cast model companies plans on making and A-7 CorsairII? I've searched in the past but have only come up with either plastic or wood carved varieties. I'd love to get a 1:47 scale to go with my F-14 model. I also noticed a nice A-4 model in the picture gallery. What are some of the most popular companies?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if any die cast model companies plans on making and A-7 CorsairII? I've searched in the past but have only come up with either plastic or wood carved varieties. I'd love to get a 1:47 scale to go with my F-14 model. I also noticed a nice A-4 model in the picture gallery. What are some of the most popular companies?

Thanks.

Century Wings has 1/72nd scale A-7s. The quality is excellent...I have the VA-82 model. I am not aware of any larger scale A-7s.

http://www.centurywings.com/top.html

Thanks column5! I just now saw that company and that they had A-7s!! I don't know too much about models. I assume the 1:72 are a bit smaller than 1:47 that I have? Ah well may have to get a 1:72 Tomcat to go with the A-7 :smile: Do they have movable surfaces? Thanks again.

Try YellowAirplane.com Column5

Thanks column5! I just now saw that company and that they had A-7s!! I don't know too much about models. I assume the 1:72 are a bit smaller than 1:47 that I have? Ah well may have to get a 1:72 Tomcat to go with the A-7 :smile: Do they have movable surfaces? Thanks again.

No movable surfaces on the A-7s, but you can display them with gear up or down, canopy open or closed, and with or without weapons. The F-14s have movable wings.

I have an A-6, A-7 and F-14 from them now. Highly recommended.

Try YellowAirplane.com Column5

Thx!