Sign in to follow this  
Canadair

Terrain issue post patch

gallery_8037_43_33827.jpg

I can't understand why this happens. The darker tiles that is. tileset is old tileset from deuces for stock desert. Woe patched up terrain pointing at WOE and SFP merged desert.cat.

What can this kind of problem stem from? It happens in day time as well

Edited by Canadair

You have tipari infiltrating your terrain. Run an anti-eel scan.

You have tipari infiltrating your terrain. Run an anti-eel scan.

:crazy: Sigh,, any idea?

maybe deuces tiles had a differente tonality from the stock ones

maybe deuces tiles had a differente tonality from the stock ones

It does look like one of the 100% desert tiles is missing. Deuces desert tiles are a bit darker than the stock ones.

It does look like one of the 100% desert tiles is missing. Deuces desert tiles are a bit darker than the stock ones.

maybe deuces ones don't cover all stock tiles?

ps-:( sorry for my english,but im almost sleeping over the keyboard

maybe deuces ones don't cover all stock tiles?

ps-:( sorry for my english,but im almost sleeping over the keyboard

Deuces tiles were a complete replacement. I used to run them on my SFP1 install and did not have this problem.

Canadair, I would download the tiles again and recopy everything into your terrain folder.

Deuces tiles were a complete replacement. I used to run them on my SFP1 install and did not have this problem.

Canadair, I would download the tiles again and recopy everything into your terrain folder.

Any idea where to find the tileset?

Strange...I thought we had it here...standby...

Strange...I thought we had it here...standby...

I don't think you have it here guys. I had a copy on a HD that crashed. Actually having a copy of the zip would be good .

I don't think you have it here guys. I had a copy on a HD that crashed. Actually having a copy of the zip would be good .

Anyway the darker tiles "move with the airplane" if you get what I mean. Happens on sea tiles as well. Seems more of a clipping issue to me

Anyway the darker tiles "move with the airplane" if you get what I mean. Happens on sea tiles as well. Seems more of a clipping issue to me

If that is the case, then it probably isn't the tiles...maybe try removing your current environmentsystem.ini (rename it or something) and see if that fixes the problem.

PS - hopefully someone else has a copy of those tiles because I can't put my hands on them right now...

The photo-real desert ones???? I've got them archived somewhere....will Deuces allow an upload???

Somewhere around here I should have all his desert repaints...I'll look in the morning

wait...you said it was moving with the plane?? That almost sounds like a shader problem. Extract the terrain and water.fx files from the desert cat, drop them in that folder and see what happens (can't hurt, eh??) Also, pull the 'waternormal.bmp' just for good measure

Wrench

kevin stein

I finally got the terrain problems fixed, but today when I went through the ground objects in WOE I noticed that at ground level the ground is very blurry and consists of different shadded squares which move as you move. I didn't have this problem pre patch, is it just something associated with the patch or did I forget to do something after I installed it.

Thanks alot.

Stock terrain or add on???

ALso, there's already a thread about this very same question, posted by Canadair.

We'll merge the 2 threads, as to NOT take up more space....

Wrench

kevin stein

Stock terrain or add on???

ALso, there's already a thread about this very same question, posted by Canadair.

We'll merge the 2 threads, as to NOT take up more space....

Wrench

kevin stein

I do confirm it is post patch. Tried on the SP4 install and I can't see the symptoms

On the other hand it is a VERY old tileset, it was not called photorealistic one, all what I recall is that it was a deuces repaint.

I like it still better than any other desert repaint,, but as I said, I lost the zip due to hd crash.. (eh eh no problems with SFP series due to multiple copies of installs scattered in different separated Hard Drives,, have you backed up yet?)

So if I could have the zip in uqestion maybe I could give a look to the data file...

Deuces desert tiles are on Checksix site ;-)

OH and btw that picture is IMO waaaaaaaaaaaaay too dark for me to comment about the issue...

Edited by Brain32

Deuces desert tiles are on Checksix site ;-)

OH and btw that picture is IMO waaaaaaaaaaaaay too dark for me to comment about the issue...

It is actually more evident at night then daytime...

EDIT: so far I used a merged desert-germany.cat .Tested with OLD desertCat. form SP4 No issue. Now where is the problem?

NEW EDIT: I SAY AGAIN, notwithstandign what above, that "squares" problem happens also with old Desert.cat

Edited by Canadair

It is actually more evident at night then daytime...

EDIT: so far I used a merged desert-germany.cat .Tested with OLD desertCat. form SP4 No issue. Now where is the problem?

NEW EDIT: I SAY AGAIN, notwithstandign what above, that "squares" problem happens also with old Desert.cat

Self replying. Tried everything but can't get rid of that stupid effect. could it be deuces's set simply incomatible for a some reasons? it sucks, because we don't have as of yet a good tileset for the desert stock. Polak has wonderful sand,, but is too green IMHO.. and the photorealistic is too dry...

Self replying. Tried everything but can't get rid of that stupid effect. could it be deuces's set simply incomatible for a some reasons? it sucks, because we don't have as of yet a good tileset for the desert stock. Polak has wonderful sand,, but is too green IMHO.. and the photorealistic is too dry...

SOLVED and this time for good.

It might apply to many terrains based on the desert.cat.

I panicked when I figured ot that wil ALL my desert tilesets, including the default one where having this problem. the answer could not but be hidden in desert_data.ini By comapring it to germanyCE (latest patch) In noticed that now there is a newshader; FarTerrainEffect.fx

By adding those entries, copied from germanyce.cat, all my problems were solved , rgarding deser tileset use, in all the terrain that used them. Might solve other problems with other terrains as well. PLEASE NOTE. in order to have this work you have to merge the deset cat terrain with germanyce.cat. (i.e. extract desert.cat to a folder, extract germanycat. to the same folder, run the cat creating tool that you can find at CA, and rename the cat so created desertnew.cat) (or maybe it is enoguht to extract form germanycat the farterraineffect.fx, I don't know)

add this in desert_data.ini

[backgroundMaterial]

UseEffectShader=TRUE

EffectShaderName=FarTerrainEffect.fx

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=TRUE

RenderedInOrder=FALSE

AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE

CullMode=CLOCKWISE

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=FALSE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.0000000

ZBufferOffset=0.000000

BlendOp=ONE

NumTextureStages=1

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=NO_OP

Interesting....

For those of us too lazy (or in my case, too dumb & too scared...) to merge the cats, what if you're using the cat pointer back to the GermanyCE.cat, and the original terrains data ini??

Will adding the farterrain.fx work???

And is this usable for other terrains (fer instance, DBS) that were originally built for SF, but contain their own "peculiar" tile sets??

Have to experiment with this...

WRench

kevin stein

Interesting....

For those of us too lazy (or in my case, too dumb & too scared...) to merge the cats, what if you're using the cat pointer back to the GermanyCE.cat, and the original terrains data ini??

Will adding the farterrain.fx work???

And is this usable for other terrains (fer instance, DBS) that were originally built for SF, but contain their own "peculiar" tile sets??

Have to experiment with this...

WRench

kevin stein

Wrench the merging cat procedure is nothing that can scare you. NOT YOU. I added instructions to the procedure I used for merging in the catpack.exe I uploaded here on CA, on bhealf of the BLESSED author, whoever he is. thank HIM!

As for the other terrains that use desert.cat structure. the "square problem" I had only on terrain using various desert tileset. Strnage because on DBS, I had no similar problem. (but the watter shimmer that I pmed you about). I added the aforementioned entry for "backrground" in all my RETRO terrain. As long as I (WE) experiment, I l''post eventual issues and their solutions (should I find it,, otherwise I'll cry for help)

Edited by Canadair

The photo-real desert ones???? I've got them archived somewhere....will Deuces allow an upload???

Somewhere around here I should have all his desert repaints...I'll look in the morning

Wrench

kevin stein

Sorry guys, didn't see this thread. Canadair-looks like you sorted it out.

Kevin-Yes feel free to upload them if anyone is still interested in this old set. I'm sure I have them backed up if you don't have them.

:good:

I found the photo-real on my external. I'll get it posted "soon". I have the "Euro repaint" there as well.

Deuces: any word on the Solomons?

Wrench

kevin stein

. Canadair-looks like you sorted it out.

Kevin-Yes feel free to upload them if anyone is still interested in this old set. I'm sure I have them backed up if you don't have them.

I still think this desert you made is the best compromise possible, especially for the new terrains that make use of the desert.cat, such as socal, or lybia2.0

this tileset is desertish but not too dry-looking. a good compromise excellent