Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Under fire in my own backyard

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,436722,00.html

We're caught in between the two fires. The Marek fire has spread into Sylmar, the community that I live in, and is about 3 to 4 miles north east of me. The Porter Ranch fire is about 4 to 5 miles west of me. The embers are blowing south and are starting up fires deeper in the San Fernando Valley area. We haven't evacuated yet, and I doubt that we really will, but we're still keeping an eye on things. After all, those embers that are being blown southwards are starting up additional fires.

Keep on point and stay alert! Down here in Ontario, Ca. we are watching and praying for you up there. I have friends in the Pasadena, Altadena

area.

Keep on point and stay alert! Down here in Ontario, Ca. we are watching and praying for you up there. I have friends in the Pasadena, Altadena

area.

Well, I'll be down near you at March ARB through out the weekend since I'm on orders till 04Jan09. Going to be one hell of a drive to get there tonight though.

Well, I'll be down near you at March ARB through out the weekend since I'm on orders till 04Jan09. Going to be one hell of a drive to get there tonight though.
Even on Good days it is a killer drive from there to down here! Be safe!! :good:

yeah these fires are always annoying, glad that im down in Irvine where they don't reach for some strange reason. Viper, there is no cloud 9 over CA, cuz its too boring to have one :biggrin:

yeah these fires are always annoying, glad that im down in Irvine where they don't reach for some strange reason. Viper, there is no cloud 9 over CA, cuz its too boring to have one :biggrin:
Some of us make our own cloud :rofl::haha:

tried w/o success, i much prefer traveling. But on the other hand i want to stay and watch as yours is eroded away and you fall to earth, remember parachutes are your friends. :angel:

Well the fires are getting worldwide coverage I have just been watching them and Arnie on the BBC news here in the UK.

Lazboy

I'm feeling for you guys, please stay sharp and look after yourselves, CA seems a real dangerous place right now. :wink:

Well, I just got back to my house today. Just as I thought, there wasn't really any reason to fear of an evacuation. My unit even offered to send trucks up to my place to help in the move out incase an order was issued. Thought it was nice of them to offer that. From what I've heard, the Porter Ranch fire got kind of scary for the folks that live in that area. Apparenlty, the embers blowing south started up some additional fires on the other side of the 118 FWY. Everything now is all in order, but crazy times.

Hey Man its good to have you back safe and sound. The fires are done for the most part but some have sustained total damage and one person was killed in a evac crash on the highway. It is good to know that your unit has your back!