Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Ok, somebody got a DCS Black shark copy?

Don't you hate it when tanks shoot you from 2 km with a 125mm shell? :shok:

No, it's not a one-shot-one-kill cheating situation, but as you can't hear shots landing on the ground around you and look only at the TS display, the high caliber present comes as a surprise.

So when you get the BS remember that eyes are your main info source - don't fix them to one spot :grandpa:

My guess is you were hovering or moving very slow?

I remember once in WWIIOL I shot down a Hawk with my PzIIIF's main gun. It was strafing a truck in the road ahead of me and I lined up, timed it, and BOOM. :biggrin:

Yeah, auto hovering and drifting in the wind. Although in the previous flight a tank got me as I was landing on one engine with good forward speed. And Georgian Hinds fire their laser guided AGMs at me.

ED should dump their engine ASAP. Nice physics, nice weapon modeling (apart from AP rounds bouncing off dirt), dangerous AI but no support for multi-core processors, primitive effects (fire is way better in WoI) and sky, switch from sim to menu via desktop etc. etc. And SpeedTree is cool for high level but low and slow those are just rows of two-sprite bushes.

Still I like the FM. :yes:

I've been killed by more Vikhrs whilst flying A-10s and Su-25s than I want to count. :mad:

Don't you hate it when tanks shoot you from 2 km with a 125mm shell? :shok:

No, it's not a one-shot-one-kill cheating situation, but as you can't hear shots landing on the ground around you and look only at the TS display, the high caliber present comes as a surprise.

So when you get the BS remember that eyes are your main info source - don't fix them to one spot :grandpa:

The 2A45, the 125mm main gun on most latest russian tanks, has a range of 2,500m.

OK so I tried it, I'm sorry to say it's another LOMHS - Lock On Modern Hardware Slideshow. However it's very detailed and if one is really a helicopter freak then maybe spending an average annual income of average African country for hardware that will enable one to play it smoothly(if that is even possible) may be worth it...

I have the russian version when it came out ,thanks to russion family,just by deleting 1 file in it turns it 95 % english..it is an awsom game and thank god theres auto full start procedure key as it took me 10 mins to start the thing only to crash on take off...its serious hardcore stuff...and i can find the bad guiys..but i cant shoot em..lol

Edited by racindriver1

Brain, try missions that do not involve all-out ground offensives. The engine chokes on them until most of tanks is dead. Lone wolf hunting missions show much higher fps.

Well I don't have it anymore, but inspite of my babling I will sure re-consider buying it ;)

Let's all thank the DoD from preventing me from seeing that.