Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Ok, somebody got a DCS Black shark copy?

No!

it's DCS Black Shark :blink: !!!!!!!!!

supposed to be released today!

Got this evening for a review due on Wednesday :shok:

Surprisingly, StarForce wasn't annoying at all. Game tuns fine and is not ugly on minimum-requirements-PC.

Sat through mission introducing the BS itself, pit instruments, comms. Then watched engine startup...

Every time I try to control it something bad happens. I think the controller and TIR needs a bit of readjustment in options - can't reduce blade pitch to 0. And I need some time to get used to the FM which seems pretty realistic. Can't say more yet.

Damn!

thanks!!!!!

I need at least one english version :(

but i think i can do some flights with russian version...

i just couldn't found the buy/dl link at 1c.ru

:(

By default Russian version has Arcade mode on - third-person view, 360 radar, easy targeting etc. :haha:

Really like the physics. Very much like the real copter - you can't just get in and go flying and killing everything. :biggrin: There are special cheat-keys for quick engine startup and shutdown, but for a start flying off the field and then suddenly discovering that you forgot one switch is funny. :wink:

While I am not particularly interested in flying the Black Shark, I am very interested in the first true hard-core sim released since Falcon 4.0

I hope it is successful enough that the series continues so that it ultimately becomes the first sim to simultaneously be hard-core study sim and multi-plane survey sim.

I do wish that they had not selected Star Force for their copy protection scheme, but I won't let that decision stop me from getting the first decent combat flight study sim released in 10 years.

When is the English version due to be available for purchase?

@GrViper:

When you got sufficient xperience on BS, could you write an review for us?

:D

When is the English version due to be available for purchase?

IIRC January.

Anyone think this sim will have a remote chance of running with an integrated graphics chip? (I think I already know the answer... :no: )

I know there's supposed to be a demo, so I'll probably give that a try when it comes out.

Flight model is awesome... Vertical landing can really be a handful.

ScreenShot_031.jpg

Palying hide-and-seek with a guy with an Igla SAM.

ScreenShot_095.jpg

Spotted some dots on a hill I was approaching, used helmet targeting to point optics there (so easy with TrackIR), didn't get a lock on anything in particular but spotted a silouette of a dude with a pipe (not a smoking one) there. Immediately hid on lawn with a row of trees between us. Switched from Vikhr to cannon, HE shells. Fired a burst (TS still tracked the position I pointed at) though trees. Then hovered there for a bit and decided to get them head on. Switched TS guidance off, swithed to rockets, medium length salvo. Hopped up, pitched forward and fired two salvos at the hill, passing it. Lost of smoke and not a single threat around.

Post mission log said SAM trooper was killed by cannon shell blasts, SAM commander was blown to bits by rockets. :cool:

A silly question....

it's possible to use the KA-50 as Grass cutter?

You mean plane-like take off on front wheel? :biggrin: I think yeah. Short one wheel roll can be seen in developers' track showing off flight capabilities.

But you'd have to be really careful - blades break off easily. Once I accidentially sharply increased throttle while parked. The helo started to shake and tried to roll. By the time I fixed that one of the blades hit the ground and snapped in the middle. You can't fly with such disbalance. And I was hoping just to land for a quick rearm and refuel, to put on NVG and get back to the shooting range.

I was scared enough not to touch them. Maybe rubbed the barcnes a bit.. have to do a test flight to research the matter.

Tried the trees. They make a quiet rubbing noise, I think. Then one you get trying to drive a car through branches. Maybe that does some damage but no visible result. Buildings are landable :biggrin:

And after you eject you can do this

ScreenShot_117.jpg

You mean "stand forlorn on the tarmac waiting for a dressing down by the CO"?

Now lets see if we can add mods :yes:

Edited by kreelin

You can't imagine how tough it is controlling a pedestrian with HOTAS :rofl:

There are Mission and Campaign editors with lots of scripting options. And a map with the whole Black Sea, The Sea of Azov and a big part of Caucasus.

But no dynamic campaign :tumbleweed: There's rearm with loadout change at will, there's refuel, there's round the clock combat capability but no generated missons :shok: And main menu and the sim itself are two different applications. :dntknw:

Some stock missons are pretty huge and you might need to get back to base for refit. But still, that's not the EECH gameplay scale. Some missions are cool though - I like the one where you have to look for Grad battery hiding in a huge forest. And you can either scan territory for them or look around carefully and see smoke rising as thy are firing. A bit difficuld to get to them - lots of SAM troopers and AAA are hiding there.

BTW, I'm running on a PC close to minimum requrements. Plays nicely most of the time apart from one mission where there are several dozens of units shooting at each other.

This is still an evolution of the LOMAC/Flanker engine, not a totally new one. The new one is supposed to come with the 2nd or 3rd release I think Wags said. As for the campaign, they've not had a dynamic one in any release, so I'm not surprised there still isn't one.

EECH is a different kind of sim. The helos were modeled to lower detail, but the overall conflict is modeled to a higher one including airbase capture and resupply and such. EECH was more a "strategic" helo sim while BS is a "tactical" one.

The new one is supposed to come with the 2nd or 3rd release I think Wags said.

Really hope for it... I'm sick of switching from sim to main menu via desktop :biggrin: