Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Investments...pilot style...

Hey guys, a friend of mine did some calculations and came up with this gem...names hidden to protect the guilty.

(Fellow squadron mates) -

If you had purchased $1,000 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago, you would have $49 left.

With Fannie Mae, you would have $2.50 left of the original $1,000.

With AIG, you would have less than $15 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drunk all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214 cash.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg

Remember there are some investments that are always good - see you at (the squadron bar)!

(Signed, some important dude at the squadron)

A laugh during these times...

And a warning...don't even THINK about making this political...

FastCargo

beer kills off the slowest brain cells first, and since a brain can only operate as fast as it's slowest cells, beer makes you smarter. So there.

This just goes to show that no matter the crisis, drinking beer is always a good idea! :good:

To take it even further:

Financial disaster calls for something local (easier to acquire). In these parts I'm going with either Redhook or Sam Adams.

A blizzard calls for something tropical to take your mind off the mountains of snow you'll be digging soon. I'm going with either El Negro or Red Stripe.

International incidents can always be handled with a good pint of an import; I'm going with Bass.

Of course, any crisis can be handled by drinking Guinness, the swiss army knife of beers.

That's an oldie on market trader forums, although the older versions use older failed institutions (Enron, WorldCom) instead of the failures hitting the pop media recently (LEH, Wamu, AIG, Fannie...)

Earliest I find is April 2007 ~> http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-7...ement-plan.html

How far does this go back...