Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Generic Style Hangar Screens, Mig-17 & MiG-19

Generic Style Hangar Screens, Mig-17 & MiG-19

Generic Hangar Screens for MiG-17 "Fresco" and MiG-19 "Farmer" 11/2/08

-For SF/WoV/WoE/WoI

Here, as I promised a couple weeks ago, are just 2 rather "plane-jane" WoE-style hangar screens for the Fresco and Farmer.

Designed for SF,WoV,WoE (although in WoV and WoI they should actually have their SEA or Mid-East markings and camo, but no matter...)

These should fill a small gap for these 2 stock aircraft. More, model specific types can be found on my site (where they've been for up to 5 years....) But these are nice and generic, with Soviet markings

Easy to follow instrucitons in the enclosed readme. As usual.

Enjoy!

Wrench

kevin stein

Nice work, thanks - goes straight into my Red-side flyable install, cheers :good:

Title says:

Generic Style Hangar Screens, Mig-19 & MiG-19

2 Mig-19's walk into a bar, stop me if you heard this one..... :rofl:

Bartender says to one: Why to long face???? :rofl:

Never said I could count, let alone spell*....been haning with you too long. And where is Ed, the Official CombatAce Spellchecker????

*another fine example/product of the Los Angeles City Unified Skool District

Wrench

kevin stein

That reply was almost painful to read.

>Owch<

Thanks...

:blink:

Great work. Now i can fill gap in flyable migs. Thanks. BTW can be possible to make this generic screens for all official MIG-21? If yes i will include in my mig 21 complete pack.

I think you'll find a whole slew of pre-made, model specific hangar screen at my site.

Link in my sig below

WRench

kevin stein

I think you'll find a whole slew of pre-made, model specific hangar screen at my site.

Link in my sig below

WRench

kevin stein

Ohh sure i looked already but i mean that new style like this mig 19

Well, since you asked...I shall share the secret (which, when all is said and done, ain't no secret anyway)

First off, extract the "DEFAULTHANGARSCREEN.BMP" from the MenuData.cat. It'll wind up in the /Menu folder. What I do/did is rename it to "ori-DEFALUTHANGARSCREEN.BMP", just in case I screw up on it during the repainting.

Then, go in game and select 'single mission', and choose the aircraft you'll want to Hangar-ize. Let's say, the MiG-21MF (which is my favorite Fishbed). Also, you'll want to make sure you have "Clear" weather, at "Noon" on the single mission page. This give a nice verticle sun angle. Just to be safe, you MAY want to turn OFF all the Shadows in the Options menu...this will remove them from under the aircraft, and make it easier to 'chop out' the uneeded bits in Photoshop (my program of choice - although anything that can work with layers is good) You'll be adding it back later...

Ok, the mission has started, you're sitting in the cockpit, calmly on the runway. WAIT until the tower and your wingmates quit their chatter, so the subtitles have disappeared. You'll also need to turn off the little info window at the lower left -- and DON'T turn on your radar!!! To turn off the display, the default keys are ALT/D (in post-patch SF/WoV/WoE).

You'll probably want to taxi forward some, to get closer to the center of the runway, so you're off the skid marks, and away form any lines on the ground. I usually run off to the side a bit as well, to make sure the aircraft has a "clean" background. Then using the free camera view, F12, you can position the camera directly above the aircraft, and take a screen shot.

Exit the game, and open your imaging program.

Open the "DEFALUTHANGARSCREEN.BMP" and the screenie you just took....below is the one for the Fresco...

for_generic_17_hangar.jpg

As you can see, I didn't take my own advice, and the shadows are still on. But you can see how I'm positioned near the runway edge.

Then, using one of the tools, I use the "polygonal lasso tool, to draw out a region AROUND the aircraft ,including some of the runway, and copy/paste that onto the default hangar bmp.

Then, it just a matter of using the eraser or aforementioned tool, to cut or erase the areas right up to the edges of the aircraft, removing any and all traces of the runway background.

Now, sometime you have too large an airplane; say you've zoomed in too close for the screenshot, so you many need to downsize the original screenie 10-15%. Whatever it takes to keep the aircraft from showing up in the area where the mission data will be in game. I figure a verticle line right down the center, top to bottom, so anything RIGHT of that will/should be your airplane. Anything LEFT of that, will be the background and the mission text in game.

You can move it around to get it centered and so forth. Then, add a Drop Shadow of about 40-50%, angle of 120, and a distance of 10-15 pixels.

Flatten the layer, and "SaveAs" -nameofplane-_Hangar.bmp

Then, just add it to the aircraft's main ini, And you're done!

The main advantage of this type of screen, is it'll work in ALL versions of the 3rdWire series...each of the game will add their own 'hot spots' for the buttons.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hehe great tutorial. Exactly what i need :good: . tahnks. I will try soon for all mig-21 in pack