I see that in WOI there is an ObjectDATA01.cat file in the objects folder. Is there a way, using the recompiler, that I can make WOE have 2 cat files, the second filled with aircraft data, and such? That way I can have a cleaner install for my mods, and such? I was thinking of structuring the way that it is default, with the texture folders, and the basic "pointer" ini files. Rather than lods, screens, and other stuff.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks

Warren

I am pretty sure it is, may even be in the KB, as someone discussed it after the compiler was introduced.

I am currently in the process of doing a "scorched earth" un-, then re-install, as I have an 80 GB external I am dedicating to the effort.

Once done, will make straight installs folders, then patched install folders. Once save, I want to dabble with a fully merged build, CAT files included.

It would be nice if it went beyond ObjectDATA01 to a 02, 03, etc. Just plug `em in!

It would be nice if it went beyond ObjectDATA01 to a 02, 03, etc. Just plug `em in!

I tried this; you have the normal ObjectData.cat offcourse, and in WOI you have ObjectData01.cat which seemed to contain all the decals. So I have my merged install with a new ObjectData01.cat with all 6.000 or more decals in them. But the funny thing is that the decals only show up when using the WOI executable. so that is what I use. I will try some more, maybe things have changed with the october patch...

Now that I tried some more, it is not much more then this:

Only WOI(.exe) can use ObjectData01.cat, and besides decals you can also put cockpit files in there etc. But an additional ObjectData02.cat will be ignored by the game.

the most secure way of doing it is also the longest and most time consuming,

Install both games (ie WoI and WoE), patch them up to date, use the CAT Extractor, choose extract all for both the WoI and WoE objectdata.cat, and Manually Merge All the INIs (Open one (ie WoE) and copy/paste into the other (ie WoI) and adjust the Numbers so they dont conflict with each other, same with the decals and stuff.).

i wish the game would handle CATs like how Fighters Anthology handled LIBs

Edited by Digital-Overload