Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Warships on antiship single missions?

Ok, exist any way to get Warships that shoot back when using SF single missions ( antishipping of course ) I'm tired of always find those weak tankers that run at 23 knots.

Is possible?

Sure. Just change their type to CARGO_SHIP and mark them as VERY_COMMON.

For an extra challenge play around with these entries

FormationSizeBase=2 > increase means more ships of that type in the formation

FormationSizeVariation=3

Edited by Gocad

Add a warship of your choice and change the XXX_data.ini to reflect it's mission as a cargoship and it will show up on the anti-ship missions instead of the stock cargoship.

-S

Edited by ST0RM

Thanks Gocad, was going to mention to the formation size as well. A fleet of anti-air cruisers is a nasty surprise to an Orion or Viking.

-S

Uhm, that's not a complete ship, but just a skin.

Seriously, why need more ships...or should I rather say more modders like Hinch? :wink:

Edited by Gocad

I've added the Kynda and Koni Soviet ships to my WoE. They are over at Capun's site. You have just the updated skin.

look in your GroundObject folders to see how they are installed and mirror that.

For the Kynda, my data.ini is this to get to show in place of the cargoship:

[MissionData]

NationName=Generic

ServiceStartYear=0

ServiceEndYear=2025

GroundObjectRole=CARGO_SHIP

Availability=VERY_COMMON

FormationSizeBase=2

FormationSizeVariation=4

Exported=FALSE

-S

Hey Stratos, changing the ship type to cargo will work nicely. What Storm's posted here ^^ is spot on. This is how I have it set up on my SFG, WOE and WOV installs and they work fine. I do have some trouble witht the WOI install from time to time with the anti-ship mission being a standard recon mission, but I think a repatch or reinstall might sort that one out.

With the warships, don't forget to add their weapons systems to the gundata/weaponsdata inis! Otherwise, they'll hardly shoot back.

Ok, exist any way to get Warships that shoot back when using SF single missions ( antishipping of course ) I'm tired of always find those weak tankers that run at 23 knots.

Is possible?

You mean like this...

img20003Large.jpg

img20000Large.jpg

:wink:

Regards, comrpnt.