Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Fires Near Santa Barbara

This is crazy we in Europe only recive news like this nearly every week from the US about the state california. The other news are about obama but california is trouble region, ... But a beautiful one I ever wanted to visit this state. wish you all luck.

I'm in San Diego, but have a dear friend in Santa Barbara, who lost her home this morning.

I'm hoping we can get through this week-end's high temps and gusting winds without incident.

My heart breaks for those who are in the path of the fires.

TurtleHawk

Let's keep our thoughts and prayers to all the people who are victims of fires. I felt very sorry about what happen to them and hoping they can recover fast.

2 areas I've previously worked at. Nice and breezy, no visible smoke here in Antelope valley. The fire by Sylmar is romping. Regular programing on KFI radio ( available on the web ) is sierra canned for coverage of the fire. US Forest Service firefighters ( permenant and temporary employees ) in California North Zone and Nevada have been laid off last October to offset costs to government from this years fire season. Next week another batch gets put on the beech. Yours truly will be unemployed for thanksgiving. Here's a good link for news, updates and sometimes maps: http://www.wildlandfire.com/hotlist/index.php

:ph34r: CL

AKA: Captain Chuck. Engine Boss, Crew Boss. Strike Team Leader.

Edited by charlielima

Yep, my neck of the woods is up in flames yet again. Sylmar is becoming to be quite popular lately. Good thing I don't live near any of the mountains that are on fire. And now there are fires flaring up in Brea and Yorba Linda. Fun times.

4 major fires going in southern california. All romping thru residential areas. Hundreds of primary residence / homes lost. Very tragic. Secondary tragedy; Arrests made. No looters or hostile arsonists shot. A year or so before the siege in 2003 the FBI alerted us that foreign entities hostile to the US planned to take advantage of santa ana wind conditions and put some flame on the ground up wind of populated areas.

:ph34r: CL

And what do they do, keep rebuilding there. Its got to be a major ass pain to keep loosing and rebuilding your house. I am surprised Ins. companies allow them to rebuild there. Very stuborn people.

irvine is like a small island amongst a massive sea of flames.

WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN BURNED :biggrin: