Continuation from the other thread.

img00031zr7.jpg

Note, the placement of the decals are NOT final. I am still having trouble deciding between either the scheme based on the one showed in the promotional pic (which means I need to about only the national insignia and the flag on the fins), or the first production F-15SG (which is currently having a USAF-based serial on the fins, much in a way like USAF F-15s, and it have a different fuselage insignia placement compared to schemes on other F-15E-based birds, with the exception of the F-15I). Lack of seriously good information (at least that is a fault on my part), such as which squadron would be flying them etc. would be a future problem.

You might notice that something else has changed. I would place the tweaks on a post here (all you need is knowledge of .ini tweaking and some bits) if anyone is interested in it.

Edited by kct

I decided on some kind of hybrid scheme (which would have decal placements of the first production F-15SG and the Singapore flag on the fin, at least at this moment). However, this is still NOT final.

img00034to2.jpg

At least I wanted something like this. The serial would still be up to question of whether it would make it to the final scheme or not, since this is clearly a USAF serial.

f15sgerstflugzoomvl9.jpg

EDIT: Some more pics.

img00037bm2.jpg

Most of the pieces you see here are Bunyap's, although the SDBs are FC's (although they would not probably carry these in real-life, due to 'certain issues' involving someone up north of Singapore).

Edited by kct

Yeah I do notice, SniperXR instead of AAQ-14.

Good observation EricJ! For now I'm using the PilotModelName method to get the Sniper to appear in place of the AAQ-14. Anyway, this is what I did to replace the LANTIRN with the Sniper.

1. If you have Bunyap's WP, place SNIPER_POD.LOD and SNIPERPOD into your Aircraft folder.

2. Do the following:

Under [AircraftData], add the following:

Component[009]=Remove1

[Remove1]
ParentComponentName=Cockpit
ModelNodeName=AN/AAQ-14_ok
DestroyedNodeName=AN/AAQ-14
DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE
HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

Then, under [Fuselage], add the following:

SystemName[038]=SniperXR

After this, above [Crew], add the following:

[SniperXR]
PilotModelName=SNIPER_POD
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=-1.220000,0.435000,-1.00000

Take note that the position of the pod might be a little bit off.

Edited by kct

I'm gonna have to update it, as the Echoes here use the Sniper pod. And it really doesn't matter too much, thanks!

There's another thing to note. I'm not exactly sure about whether this is right for the Sniper, or not (for this I just changed from SystemName[036]=LANTIRN to SystemName[036]=Sniper), I just tried to see what the Sniper XR entry in Bunyap's WP show.

[Sniper]
SystemType=LASER_DESIGNATOR
ModelNodeName=
CameraFOV=2.500000
SightTexture=avq23sight1.tga
CameraPosition=-0.800000,0.125000,-1.00000
CameraYaw=0.000000
CameraPitch=0.000000
CameraRoll=0.000000
EODisplayFlags=268501249 <--- This is what I've changed, wasn't sure what it does.
SeekerRange=30.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=120.000000
SearchFOV=5.000000
SearchTexture=avq23sight2.tga

Edited by kct

I'm exactly not sure either, but I followed your instructions and it worked :good:

Personally, I don't understand why there's not a stablization feature in the code. I've seen many a pod stay locked on despite cloud cover.

Probably something reserved for future use, or just to challenge how well we would try to maintain a lock, or probably something to do with seek angle or something that I don't know of. Well, there is a lot of things that I don't know of at all (such as use of having data-link equipment in-game when the coding isn't there) that would suddenly become something new to me (maybe because unlike some of us here, I am just a normal guy who happened to have an interest in planes and such).

Work on the thing is kind of stalled at the moment, mainly because of work and the fact that I am bombing things with Tomcats. Plus I have no idea what else I need (the scheme would kind of have to stay the way it currently looks at the moment).

Edited by kct

Well don't worry I just look at the screen as well, so it's all good, not expecting you to know man, so it's all good.

Yeah I like the idea though, and the Sniper addition is a good update for the ol' bird in order to keep it up to date.

small remarks:

on the picture, the markings around air to air refueling receptacle are white, these are balck on model skin, and on picture, no roundel on extrados...

just looking for details ;)

Hmmm. Thanks for pointing them out, although in the case of the decals it is more or less a case of taking some Artistic License. Since the scheme is not finalized yet, I would have to do make do with what we see so far... though I admit that this still needs some work, and I would love to have more pictures of the first built aircraft other than that one.

Edited by kct

img00008zf9.jpg

Probably not much of an update, but this is the guy's current state. The decals would probably remain as it is (like previously, although I have removed the eagles on the nose). Since no exact serials are available, the numbers are probably best left empty for now.

Edited by kct

Looking good man, really good! :good:

God, I've hit another snag. How do I get the crosshair of the internal laser designator to show up? Could not make it to work at the moment (however, the alternative I have is to create an additional station and have the 'software' of the SniperXR as a weapon in place of the internal LANTIRN's, and it would be loaded via the loadout.ini).

Edited by kct

You have to edit the particular pod data. Like for the AV-23-R from Wingwiner, it had that gay circle and crosshair, while I adjusted it so it has only four boxes around the designated target. There's a selection available in drop down menus in the Weapon Editor.

Got over the problem. I am now using FastCargo's new method of adding parts to the plane, via the FakePilot (so get it ready, also, nice method!) to add the Sniper XR, and use the loadout.ini to call out for the 'software' of the pod. This way, the pod would be loaded when the plane appears as a static aircraft.

Since Dave has given me the green light for the bird, I am hoping for a release by the end of the week (AIM-9X Sidewinder and AIM-120C AMRAAM would be pulled from Bunyap's WP though, since the actual bird is slated to use them (at least the AIM-9X) from the beginning). I would explain the process of 'Sniper-izing' and everything else to give the F-15E an update of sorts in the readme (as a bonus).

Edited by kct

Uploading the guy in it's current state. If I could release a v1.1 I would do it, please give me suggestions as to what I can do to improve the package later on.

Thanks a lot! However, the Singapore Flag shouldn't be on the tail as the RSAF doesn't put the Flag on tails of its fighters. How do I remove it?

As for the F-16s, I would wait until some time later.

Also, saw a pic in the newspaper of one of the RoSAF F-16s taking off from public roads or something. Shame that we never wanted (rather, not bothered to try) something similar here...perhaps due to the heavy traffic in the city.