Sign in to follow this  
Steamer

VFA-14 Tophatters(real world) looking to "sponsor" a squadron

Howdy,

I am currently a pilot in VFA-14, the Tophatters. The US Navy's oldest active squadron. I have never played any sort of online flight simulation, short of what we do in our sims, so I'm not really too sure how this all works. But I would like the offer for a connection with a real world squadron, and one that is known for being one of the most skilled and professional squadrons in the world. Currently we are flying the Superhornet(Echo's), but we have flown a littany of aircraft including the Tomcat and the Phantom.

Anyhow, if forming a VFA(of VF)-14 squadron interests you then just reply to this. We will be able to answer any questions real-time(unclassified, of course) and hopefully add a little more legitimacy towards what you guys are doing. We also have a ton of Tophatter stuff, and are always going to airshows, deploying, etc.

Steamer

post-41782-1227038650_thumb.jpg

Welcome to CA, Steamer. And thanks for the offer. I hope that someone will take you up on it. Unfortunately there aren't any recent sims that have the Echo. Microsoft's Flightsim 2004 does, but you cant employ weapons. But they do have a pretty large group of virtual squadrons.

You said you haven't done any online simming, but if you are looking for something to take along on cruises, the Thirdwire series of flightsims are pretty good and relatively easy on a medium level laptop with some graphic features turned down. It's a great time killer in between missions. I take mine along on all TDY/deployments now.

They do have a Foxtrot and I believe an Echo is in the works, plus a Tomcat with VF-14 markings.

Again, welcome. Hope to see you around the boards. We've got quite a few mil flyers who are members here.

Storm

Hey Steamer welcome to CA. As Jeff said there are a lot of military here.

As far as you getting a vsquadron, there are a few around here who do MP like doghouse, streakeagle, 531ghost to name a few. I would get in contact with them. They will be your best source of info.

Howdy,

I am currently a pilot in VFA-14, the Tophatters. The US Navy's oldest active squadron. I have never played any sort of online flight simulation, short of what we do in our sims, so I'm not really too sure how this all works. But I would like the offer for a connection with a real world squadron, and one that is known for being one of the most skilled and professional squadrons in the world. Currently we are flying the Superhornet(Echo's), but we have flown a littany of aircraft including the Tomcat and the Phantom.

Anyhow, if forming a VFA(of VF)-14 squadron interests you then just reply to this. We will be able to answer any questions real-time(unclassified, of course) and hopefully add a little more legitimacy towards what you guys are doing. We also have a ton of Tophatter stuff, and are always going to airshows, deploying, etc.

Steamer

Steamer, welcome to CA. Very generous and wonderful offer to the large and growing crowd here. There are some really talented modders here that can do anything in the Third Wire Sims. Without speaking for them, I bet they can come up with an E Superbug with your name on it. Really good to have a real driver from such a famous squadron aboard. As Viper has said, "....you still need somebody, I'll fly with you."

If somebody would get off their butt and do a real SuperBug for WoX, I'd be glad to fly.

But as said, welcome to the jungle! :good:

Hey Steamer welcome to CA. As Jeff said there are a lot of military here.

As far as you getting a vsquadron, there are a few around here who do MP like doghouse, streakeagle, 531ghost to name a few. I would get in contact with them. They will be your best source of info.

:biggrin: And me too, Dave !! Well, as far as multiplayer goes, but info, I dunno. Ive been having some problems with hyperlobby (462 runtime error) that I havent been able to solve. Still using Hamachi tho, and Ive got teamspeak.

Oh yeah, welcome to combatACE, STEAMER

:biggrin: And me too, Dave !! Well, as far as multiplayer goes, but info, I dunno. Ive been having some problems with hyperlobby (462 runtime error) that I havent been able to solve. Still using Hamachi tho, and Ive got teamspeak.

Oh yeah, welcome to combatACE, STEAMER

Yeah, I agree, those are the guys to contact....

Welcome to Combat Ace

PS: Much respect to you and all other military men

just though I should pop in and say how COOL it is that a real world navy Fighter/Attack squad comes to our site and offers to sponser a squadron. Kinda blows by mind. Any who, gonna go jump in a legacy bug and bomb stuff!

EDIT: LOL, how rude of me, welcome to CombatAce!

Edited by Sakai

I'm really not sure if Steamer visits this place anymore, due to the lack of MP with the Third Wire series of sims, so I'm going to just close this topic. However, he does AFAIK work with the VNAO team, http://www.carrierpilots.com