Hi, I have a few questions someone might be able to answer. I'm fairly new to Wings over Europe, in fact I've only had it for a day. Already I'm creating my own plane, and have a few questions. I copied the Mig-23M folder and renamed it Mig-23MLD (I'm trying to add this version into the game.) I'm having trouble removing the R-13M from the AI loadout. I changed the default loadout so it carries just the R24R and R24T, and 2 R-60M. Only the AI still uses the R-13M even though I removed it. What could I be doing wrong here?

Also after downloading the flyable mig-23mod here I learned how to add flares and chaffs only the AI do not use them, is this a bug? One more thing I've noticed, whenever they fire the R24T, it self destructs shortly after being launched.

Hi, I have a few questions someone might be able to answer. I'm fairly new to Wings over Europe, in fact I've only had it for a day. Already I'm creating my own plane, and have a few questions. I copied the Mig-23M folder and renamed it Mig-23MLD (I'm trying to add this version into the game.) I'm having trouble removing the R-13M from the AI loadout. I changed the default loadout so it carries just the R24R and R24T, and 2 R-60M. Only the AI still uses the R-13M even though I removed it. What could I be doing wrong here?

Also after downloading the flyable mig-23mod here I learned how to add flares and chaffs only the AI do not use them, is this a bug? One more thing I've noticed, whenever they fire the R24T, it self destructs shortly after being launched.

First off are you talking about the loadout ini found inside the migs folder or are you talking about the loadout screen? secondly simply changing the name of the folder wont work you will have to change

the names of all of the files in the folder and any instance of the migs type that points to another file. Third you should do some reserch on how the game works before you start mixing and matching files.

It sounds to me like you have not added a weapons pack yet, if not you should do that. The Mirage factory has better models but the bunyap pack is very good and if you like russian/ eastern block weapons it is the one to have... then later you can add the Mirage factory weapons to it. you will also need the new weapons editor get it at third wires site.

If I were you I would just go over to Column5's site and download the Mig-23MLD-K . if I remember correctly the migs at column5's site have the nato code AA # system, look at the loadouts, they will be different designations with the mirage factory(AA-whatever) and the bunyap packs(R-whatever) as one uses russian design bureau and the other NATO/ US code designations.

If chaff and flares are added correctly the AI will use them, and the missiles will fail if they are not launched within the propper parameters.... these 2 issues make me think that you have messed with files

that should not have been altered. Check out the knowlage base.

Good luck

Hallo Craig Peoples :yes:

Glad see another new Mig fan here :biggrin: Most of CA members are bad "blue" guys, so "reds" needs reinforcements too :tongue:

Well, I can not say what is wrong, becouse I do not know what did you exactly changed in inis. I know no bug with flares or chaffs.

But do ya want real Mig-23M/MF/ML/MLD/MS? Look here: http://www.column5.us/miragef.shtml

Well they haven't got proper pits (they are using Armourdaves Su-17 pit I think). But as you noticed there is placeholder by Gepard (it is edited excellent Paladrians Mig-21MF pit). And game engine does not supports radar projecting on HUD, so we have little chance get workable Mig-23 pit (maybe for Mig-23MS we have more or less right placeholder, becouse MS uses radar from Mig-21 series and Mig-21MF pit is looky good for MS).

Thanks for the replys guys. I downloaded the Mig from there, and also the Mirage factory weapon pack. I must have missed a step because I can not see any weapons in game. I even opened the weapons.ini with the editor and resaved the file.

Another MiG fan says hello :biggrin:

You need to open the *data.ini file in the aricraft's folder and edit for each weapon station the line AttachmentType=

If I am not mistaken, by default you should see AttachmentType=WP, make it AttachmentType=WP,SOVIET

Edited by svetlinnh

Did you place the MiG in a clean install of the game or in the one you have already "played" with?

May be it will better to start back from the beginning - remove the game, then reinstall it, install the weapons pack and then new aircraft.

I have just installed the MiG in a newly reinstalled version (cause I messed up my previous install), patched up to the latest available patch and it work just fine...

Changing the weapon stations to WP ,SOVIET did not work.

Check your typing to make sure you don't have any spaces.

You need WP,SOVIET and not WP ,SOVIET

Also, you could try putting SOVIET,WP instead.

Ok guys the last suggestion didn't work so I went with Svetlinnh's idea and did a complete uninstall/reinstall. After that I patched it to the latest version, then added the Mig-23 back. The only weapon that showed was the R13 Atoll D or something like that. I changed the AttachmentType to WP,SOVIET then I was able to select the R-60M. Some further editing I got the fuel tank to show up. I still can not figure out how to get the R24 missiles to show up. The loadout file from the download referenced a missile thats not even in the stock game. R24R (AA-7C) and R24T (AA-7D) are in the stock Weapons.INI but the game wont recognize them.

Some of the weapons required a weapons pack to appear.

You're welcome, and have fun.