Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

The US and Northern Hemi is doomed!

The gods are smiling on us here in the Southern Hemisphere, quite literally. Have a looksee at this gallery of something that happened in our skies overnight.

http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,23607,503...07150-1,00.html

So, yeah, you Northerner punks better lift your game, because the gods aren't happy with you lot it seems! :biggrin:

All jokes aside, did anyone see this? I got home shotly after dusk and thought someone laced my Yiros with acid or something. There was a huge smiley face in the sky! From what I've seen, in the Northern Hemi, the stars could be seen below the moon and from the South, they appeared above.

The gods are smiling on us here in the Southern Hemisphere, quite literally. Have a looksee at this gallery of something that happened in our skies overnight.

http://www.news.com.au/gallery/0,23607,503...07150-1,00.html

So, yeah, you Northerner punks better lift your game, because the gods aren't happy with you lot it seems! :biggrin:

All jokes aside, did anyone see this? I got home shotly after dusk and thought someone laced my Yiros with acid or something. There was a huge smiley face in the sky! From what I've seen, in the Northern Hemi, the stars could be seen below the moon and from the South, they appeared above.

Oh gawd :rolleyes:

Ya Really, he/she saw "stars" near the moon. pffft.

Here in the North, we got to see Venus, Jupiter and the Moon all together in a triangle. Crissy-ylflower.gif

But there is one sad thing. I was at a talk given by ancient astronomer Bart Bok, and he told us that the starry sky in the South is so much more grand, a night sky and rich Milky Way the North never gets to see.

btw...I have in the past thought of ways to simulate planets in the Thudwire SF sky. Maybe the new Patch 2008 balloon feature may offer something.

dam, he's right. Not because of lats. Its the longs.

news.com.AU

SayWhat are you Aussum?

There's about 2-3 hours to observer this thing, before they set in the west, following the sun.

Your pic shows the moon about 3 degrees ahead of the planets.

I saw this triplet about 3 degrees behind the planets....say 6 degrees difference.

That's very roughly about what the moon's orbit would do, given the time difference between Aussia and Ussia, and depending on where one observes in these two large nations.

** NO SMILEY FACE FOR USA **

Its not strictly a North vs South thing. Russia saw the Aussum smiley face, well Siberians did, okay southern Siberians, and anybody using the Siberian Sun mod, but they just see the face tilted the other way from SayWhat's pic.

(finish edit) ... However, as this event happened in the southern sky, and Canussians are so far north, they probably couldn't even see it.

Thus proof of TOTAL CANUSSIAN COLLAPSE :shok:banghead.gif

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

yep, it's an omen. The gods are smiling on all you guys while our Canadian economy continues to plummet and the opposition parties team up to take over the minority government... I'm half expecting the stars to form into a big "F U" or a middle finger. Or at least a frowny face. :-(

I'll be straight, I'm moving to Guam in 3 months, close enough to the Southern Hemisphere for me.

LOL! I see that same thing in Afghanistan! No lie! I gotta take a pic and post it when I get back to my FOB.

I was at a talk given by ancient astronomer Bart Bok,

So, just how old is he?

So, just how old is he?

LOL! Perhaps Ancient Astronomer is a title of what you do, as in what you research in is ancient, not the age (i.e. studies on ancient greek and roman astronomy and how they studied the stars).

LOL! Perhaps Ancient Astronomer is a title of what you do, as in what you research in is ancient, not the age (i.e. studies on ancient greek and roman astronomy and how they studied the stars).

Actually, I saw the same thing in the bottom of my Pyrat Rum bottle. Granted, I had consumed most of the contents (small sip at a time), but I am almost sure that what I saw was not an after-effect of "ye ole grog". I showed the miracle to my spouse, but she was unable to see the smilely face that was clear as a bell to me. She's old and blind anyway. I personally think it was an omen and I, promptly, invested a bunch of money in the US stock market. Despite the plunge of over 700 points the following day, I am sure my karma has changed as the result of an off-world communication via the bottom of my rum toddy.....................