Where exactly is the F-4D.LOD file? I'm trying to add the F-4D LORAN mod, which requires the file.

Yes, I did a forum search for "F-4D.LOD" with no luck before asking.

If you are installing this mod with all of the latest patches, just use the one provided in the sim. The old file will not work with the new patches. The patched file contains the correct flaps.

Mike D.

Where exactly is the F-4D.LOD file? I'm trying to add the F-4D LORAN mod, which requires the file.

Yes, I did a forum search for "F-4D.LOD" with no luck before asking.

In order for you to succeed, you need to extract the .LOD file with our faithful .cat extraction tool, the one you can find here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=343

then look (if i'm not mistaken) for the Objectdata.cat in the game that is on (again if i'm not mistaken) Wings Over *\Objects, you'll get a list of files and (after some patience) look for the .lod file you need, extract it and copy it to the F-4D LORAN folder.

Thats it!!!

P.S. to get the mod working, make sure to read the readme and get the two parts for the LORAN F-4D's

Edited by FLOGGER23

In order for you to succeed, you need to extract the .LOD file with our faithful .cat extraction tool, the one you can find here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=343

then look (if i'm not mistaken) for the Objectdata.cat in the game that is on (again if i'm not mistaken) Wings Over *\Objects, you'll get a list of files and (after some patience) look for the .lod file you need, extract it and copy it to the F-4D LORAN folder.

Thats it!!!

P.S. to get the mod working, make sure to read the readme and get the two parts for the LORAN F-4D's

Awesome! Got it working! Thanks Flogger23.

Awesome! Got it working! Thanks Flogger23.

Glad to be of service.

So just for a quick re-cap;

1. I extract the F-4D.lod file from the ObjectData.cat file

2. I then delete the F-4DLORAN.lod file and replace it with the F-4D.lod file

3. Everything should all be hunky-dory then, yeah?

So just for a quick re-cap;

1. I extract the F-4D.lod file from the ObjectData.cat file

2. I then delete the F-4DLORAN.lod file and replace it with the F-4D.lod file

3. Everything should all be hunky-dory then, yeah?

Just delete step 2 and you'll be all right, read the readme, i think (i'm not in my pc), the F-4DLORAN.lod goes somewhere else (the main aircraft folder or the weapons folder don't remember exactly) but pay attention to the readme, and, don't forget download the F-4D LORAN two parts to get it working 100% working.

Cheers.

Thanks bud. All systems up and running for the LORAN. What I did was extract the .lod file as per instructions and made changes to the F-4DLORAN.ini file by changing the text from 'F-4DLORAN.lod' to 'F-4D.lod'.

All the bumps are in the right places, so to speak!

Thanks again :good:

yabut the data extractor doesn't seem to work anymore with some unknown Microsoft update.

:stars:

an issue which seems to be happening more and more of late........