Sign in to follow this  
WDH

Russian built a/c for Wild Weasel missions

Hey, one more thing. The hangar screen that Erwin used was awesome and got me thinking. Did the Russians ever use highway strips, like NATO did? If so, how hard would it be to add them to a few of the Red sites on the map? Would be great for the Mi-8 and Frogfoot.

Again, just thinking out loud. Time to fly... (2x B-2As)

-S

Hey, one more thing. The hangar screen that Erwin used was awesome and got me thinking. Did the Russians ever use highway strips, like NATO did? If so, how hard would it be to add them to a few of the Red sites on the map? Would be great for the Mi-8 and Frogfoot.

Again, just thinking out loud. Time to fly... (2x B-2As)

-S

STORM,I'm currently trying to locate you a video (where the heck is it,too many data disk!) where Russian military aircraft using highway for runway.

Brady

I'm having issues with RapidShare as well, or the policies here block me from it, so if somebody can just PM me it, email me it, I'd appreciate it. OR we can just decide that like the F-35, we can upload it so people can enjoy it, even as a beta, much like the F-35.

Deleted. If anyone wants the updated chaff/flares and lights, PM me.

Edited by ST0RM

Storm, East Germany was full of prepared Autobahn runways.

thank you for the bird and those nice ini uzupdates, the only thing is the pit needs a bit 3D rework on the front right window but i think it`s all WIP so ... Good work!

thank you for the bird and those nice ini uzupdates, the only thing is the pit needs a bit 3D rework on the front right window but i think it`s all WIP so ... Good work!

Erwin Hans send me new version of su-39 cockpit - it's GREAT!

About flares for su-39: Su-25 normally use 4 X ASO-2V flare dispensers - total 128 flares, in cause heavy AD (in Afganistan for example) used 4 additional ASO-2V on engines nac. Total: 256 flares Su-25T & TM & SM also have special IR noise system, created during afganistan war.

Edited by lindr2

lindr2,256 flares!Wow!what's the number amount for chaff?

Brady

In Afganistan chaffs was not needed. Su-25 has 8 places for mount CM. You can mount Chaffs or flares on each place.

But main protective factor for Su-25 is armor 10 - 24 mm total ~ 1100-1500 Kg

76.IAP-Blackbird: 2 engine inputs for the 2 rotating discs at the front of both engines. :yes:

About flares for su-39: Su-25 normally use 4 X ASO-2V flare dispensers - total 128 flares, in cause heavy AD (in Afganistan for example) used 4 additional ASO-2V on engines nac. Total: 256 flares Su-25T & TM & SM also have special IR noise system, created during afganistan war.

Lindr2, the Su-25TM (aka Su-39) has been updated from the old ASO-2V system mounted on the engine nacelles to the UV-26 system mounted in the tail. The UV-26 dispensers give the Su-25TM the ability to hold 192 cartridges of chaff/flares. Hence my ini edits reflecting this. Erwin's model even has them built into the skin.

Shall I provide references?

Erwin Hans send me new version of su-39 cockpit - it's GREAT!

Can we have soon? Please? :good:

Thank you guys for this lovely plane and weapon systems

Lindr2, the Su-25TM (aka Su-39) has been updated from the old ASO-2V system mounted on the engine nacelles to the UV-26 system mounted in the tail. The UV-26 dispensers give the Su-25TM the ability to hold 192 cartridges of chaff/flares. Hence my ini edits reflecting this. Erwin's model even has them built into the skin.

Shall I provide references?

Ok! no need references, i read my info again. You'r right. But how about 'Suhogruz' IR noise generator. Have idea how to create this?

su39-11_small.jpg

I don't think such a thing (IR jammers) are modeled in the TW series.

FC

Drawings for ref:

Su-25

su25-1.gif

Su-25 loadout

su25-2.gif

Su-25T

su25t-1.gif

Su-25T loadout

su25t-2.gif

Ethiopian Su-25T during 1998-2000 Wars (Russian pilots flyed on th. planes, In 2008 the Russian participants of war 2000 considered veterans and get the proper payments from the state.)

su25t-c1.jpg

Su-39

su39-1.gif

su39-c1.jpg

Edited by lindr2

Ok! no need references, i read my info again. You'r right. But how about 'Suhogruz' IR noise generator. Have idea how to create this?

su39-11_small.jpg

As FC said, IR jammers are not implemented yet. This came up a while ago when someone inquired about adding an IR MWS (missile warning system).

Since I dont have a solid understanding how an IR noise jammer works, I wouldnt have a clue as to how it could be added.

Now a DIRCM/LIRCM system, thats easier to understand, but still isnt available.

-S

P.S. None of the images you linked are showing for some reason. Just Red Xs

Edited by ST0RM

"...For protecting from MSL with IR seeker in tail part of fuselage of airplane mounted the station of optical-electronical noise "Sukhogruz" - powerful caesium lamp with an energy consumption 6 KW creates amplitude-modulated noise, jammering IR seeker."

Russian internet.

In Afganistan chaffs was not needed. Su-25 has 8 places for mount CM. You can mount Chaffs or flares on each place.

But main protective factor for Su-25 is armor 10 - 24 mm total ~ 1100-1500 Kg

Excellent info!No need to add them! :good:

Less .ini work to do.

Brady