Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

More Weapon problems

Should the F-14 auto install/merge weapondata.inis method still work post-patch?

I could not tell you as, I've personally never gone that route. My preference has always been to add weapons manually.

for the thud, I just used the stock TW 450 and 650 gallon tanks as found in the objectdata, and that works fine. I might try to modify MiG tanks or some other tank so it fits the F-14.

NEW DEVELOPMENT!

It turns out that the weapons that I thought I added were actually part of the stock game, so I have deduced that none of my added weapons are working. This means either the Weapon editor is not working or I screwed up putting stuff somewhere. I'll see what I can find out. Are we sure that the latest weapon editor in the DL section here is the one to use? And do I still run it in windows 98 compatability?

Yes on both counts.

It seems it is not working. I tried re-naming a couple weapons via the editor, and they didn't show up in game either. Any ideas?

I take it ur patched and have the latest weapons editor from the thirdwire website?

It is patched, but the editor is the one from the DL section here. Is there one on the TW site?

that didn't work either. I'm thinking that maybe the game is just using the weapon editor that's in the Objectdata.cat rather then using the extracted one. The names are the same, so I don't see why it'd do that.

OK....are all your addon weapons contained in the weapons folder? Is that weapons folder located INSIDE of the objects folder? Is the weapondata.ini located within the weapons folder?

Another thing. Is BOTH the weapondata.ini AND weapondata.dat located inside your weapons folder?

Edited by kct

Another thing. Is BOTH the weapondata.ini AND weapondata.dat located inside your weapons folder?

YES! WE HAVE A WINNER!

the weapondata.dat was just in the objects folder! every time I update it with the weapon editor, the .dat file got updated AND moved to the main objects folder! I just moved it back into "weapons" and it works fine now!

Thanks to all of you guys who helped, especially Fubar and kct. I owe you one.

now If you'll excuse me, I believe that I have some tomcatting to do.

KCT has a point which reminded me of another one with the Weapon Editor. Check the WeaponEditor.ini in the Object folder with the WeaponEditor.exe and make sure THAT path is pointing to your game. For instance, from my all-in one install...

[WeaponEditor]

TargetDirectory=D:\Wings 2007 Europe\Objects\Weapons <================

ImportDirectory=D:\Wings Over Vietnam\ZZ_Addons\Aircraft\JAS-39C Gripen\Gripen\Gripen_Final

PositionX=36

PositionY=6

Edited by drdoyo

YES! WE HAVE A WINNER!

the weapondata.dat was just in the objects folder! every time I update it with the weapon editor, the .dat file got updated AND moved to the main objects folder! I just moved it back into "weapons" and it works fine now!

Thanks to all of you guys who helped, especially Fubar and kct. I owe you one.

now If you'll excuse me, I believe that I have some tomcatting to do.

I had the same problem. Recently updated to newest Third Wire patch for both WOV and WOE. Could not get the add on wepons for any of my add on aircraft to work. Making sure I had the 022008 Weapon Editor and that the weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat were in the objects/weapons folder made all the difference. This has been a very helpful thread. :biggrin: