Sign in to follow this  
mppd

New Hurricane markings

I started a series of Hurricane markings for Capun's Hurry, intended for Baltika's Battle of Britain campaign. I found enough references for actual airplane serial numbers (with some matching squadron codes also). I'll do his flyable campaign squadrons then I'll do the others.

Mike D.

Good work Mike. :good:

Ok, where's the decal bleed on the cowling, and how'd you get rid of it???? :dntknw:

Wrench

kevin stein

Looks great Mike,

Thanks for working on these :biggrin::good:

The fuselage roundel is on the base art, the codes and serial are one decal - there is still a slight bleed under the fuselage, but it doesn't bother me that much - much less without the roundel. The decal as suggested covers the tailwheel strut.

I can release the squadrons as I do them - I hate to wait to try to do a bunch and release a big package (that I may never finish...). Have to sit down and watch the movie on DVD again though.

I checked out Baltika's campaign to add the 11 Group squadrons that he missed...and there are none! They are all there - great work on the campaign!! It is well worth the download by anyone wanting a WW2 install of this classic battle!

More to come..

Mike

aahhhhaa...i see said the blind man...you went AROUND the roundel, with a larger decal!

(vader voice) MOST Impressive!!

Figuring out the spacing must've been a real bee--oiych!!

the movie is a great reference, that's how I got the codes and serials for my "BoB Movie" Spit 1 skin :biggrin:

Gotta love DVD freeze frame and zoom!!!

BTW, I'd suggest not trying the half/half scheme for 1939/40 BoF...the raditor scoop is mapped to the undernose section, and dosen't even want to take a decal to cover it.

1 Sqdn, AASF Oct/Nov 1939:

bof_hurri-1.jpg

bof_hurri-2.jpg

Oddly enough, the references FOR the raditor scoop decal have been removed in these shots...I must have missed something on the skin map

Well, least I finally got the right lower roundels...!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Those marks look great! We need a France campaign now. No work around for the radiator scoop issue I guess, but still a good base model to shoot me-109s down in all-in-all.

The A scheme is just a mirror image - should be no problem flipping the skin and doctoring it up a bit.

MPD

Not to do too much of a thread hijack, but here's a couple more, BoF and BoB (and don't laugh at the BoB ones -- well, not too much :rolleyes: )

12 Squadron Battle, Advanced Air Striking Force:

12sqdn_battle.jpg

Partial reskin, with new markings; still need to do serial numbers

Not sure how to state this properly....

"Do you wish to feel wholely inadquate in combat? Want to be the laughing stock of the enemy, so that when they see you they can't control themselves, and plow right into the ground??

Well, then, if that's what you want bunky, then sign up with the RAF and get posted to No.66 Squadron!! We have our brand new American-built Brewster Buffalos!!"

bob_buffalo-1.jpg

bob_buffalo-2.jpg

I gotta admit, those 4 50 cals do a HELL of a lot more damage then 8 303s!!!

(why waste a new template??)

Wrench

kevin stein

Not sure how to state this properly.... No. 66 Squadron never flew the Buffalo - but No. 67 Squadron did - Singapore and Burma.

Looks great - especially the Battle!

Mike

It's a 'What If...' experiment, as I'd never flown the Buffalos against anything but IJN/IJAAF birds. All the serial numbers I used are real, too, from the aborted Belgian delivery. I 'assumed' the aircraft would wind up somewheres (I actually think they wound up in SEA/Burma/etc region. Easy enough to change the call letter -- it's part of the skin. Only the individual letters and serials are decals.

Actually managed to hold my own against the Emils...I got 4 and wingmates got another 4, but we lost 5!

Wrench

kevin stein