Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

Mobile SAMs Still Not Engaging

Guest pfunkmusik

They track their targets fine, but will not fire.

pfunk

Hi pfunk,

I am guessing the mobile SAMs you are speaking of are the SA-3 and SA-6.

Here is my detect and weapon data from the SA-3 Mobile Launcher

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

RadarSearchTime=2.0

RadarSearchRange=60000.0

RadarSearchStrength=80

RadarTrackTime=20.0

RadarTrackRange=60000.0

RadarTrackStrength=75

RadarPosition=0.0,0.0,3.30

DataLink=TRUE

OpticalSight=TRUE

NightSight=TRUE

VisualRange=2000.0

ViewportPosition=0.0,0.0,2.30

MaxVisibleDistance=8000.0

RadarCrossSection=100

NetworkType=SA-3

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR

MissileRange=12000.000000

MinMissileRange=500.000000

PitchAngleRate=5

MaxPitch=75

MinPitch=0

DefaultPitchAngle=45

YawAngleRate=30

YawLimited=FALSE

MinYaw=

MaxYaw=

DefaultYawAngle=0

MissileLaunchTime=15

YawModelNodeName=Turret

PitchModelNodeName=Rails

Guest pfunkmusik

Actually, I'm talking about the little tracked vehicles, like the Chaparral, the SA-8, the SA-9, etc.

pfunk

Have you upgraded your weapons pack and maybe the missiles are not included in the weapondata.ini in the new version? that happened to me once.

Guest pfunkmusik

I so thought I had. I'll check again.

pfunk

Actually, I'm talking about the little tracked vehicles, like the Chaparral, the SA-8, the SA-9, etc.

pfunk

Something similar happens to me... The Alvis Stormer that I've created does not engage if there are other SAMs around... For example, in red SEAD missions with mixed blue SAMs (Rolands and Starstreaks in my setup), the Starstreaks do not engage until there are no more rolands left in the vicinity... When you kill the last roland, in like 20 km radius, you just get shot down by a Starstreak.

The SA-8 has always worked for me and been one of the more aggressive SAM's, actually...

The SA-9 and SA-13, however, seem to be a little pickier about what they'll fire at. Try flying right over one at about 4-5 thousand feet. Also, I changed the weapon data for my SA-9 missile so that the FOV's and lock on chance match that of the SA-13. I get a lot more launches that way.

Guest pfunkmusik

Well, this is wierd. I completely removed the Chaparrals that weren't firing, replaced them with Marders and they began blowing the snot out of anything that flew near them.

pfunk

The Roland (like the SA-8), is a small radar-guided SAM. Therefore, its launch platform can detect, track, and engage targets at a greater range than one that's equipped with IR-SAMs

Also, I changed the weapon data for my SA-9 missile so that the FOV's and lock on chance match that of the SA-13. I get a lot more launches that way.

Really? I will try it. My optical SAM lunchers (including Chaparall, SA-9, Stingers) also engages rarely. I tried more than 20 missions, I confiremed only 1 shot of Chaparall.