Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Hyperlobby, Where Losers Go To Raise Their Kill Rate

So I went into Hyperlobby last night with some friends to teach them some A2A with WoV. Pretty soon some joker comes in and just hangs around the spawn point and engages anyone who comes in. No wonder the Hyperlobby server is dead most of the time. If you have to bushwhack a player to make yourself feel good and then you seriously need to get L***! I think from now on we'll set up Hamachi, to bad but I like to fight against a skilled opponent not some one has no class or style. Come to think of it, this was why I stopped using Strike Fighters online.

Use hyperlobby to find people, then connect the game via your own hamachi server.

Then, you have the power to kick or even ban unwanted people...

Though if they are determined, they can come in under another Hamachin IP address...

But you can change the password to your server and only tell the people you want to play with you what that password is.

In my experience, there were so few people playing SFP1/WoV, that I never refuse to play with anyone.

Usually, anyone that was munching on the newbies changed their ways after being chatted to about the problem.

I can only think of one or two "characters" that were trouble every time they showed up, but they got bored within a couple of weeks (probably moved on to other games where they could find more targets).

Ordy,

Over the past month, I've been quite a bit of M/P via Hamachi. Drop me a line, I'd be happy to fly with you. I've been putting some of the MiG tactics to use and would like to try out more against different people. The AI doesnt cooperate.

-S

dumb question, but how do you get into a Thirdwire sim there?

dumb question, but how do you get into a Thirdwire sim there?

They have a lobby/launch point for the TW sims. The connection usually sucks though and rarely works.

They have a lobby/launch point for the TW sims. The connection usually sucks though and rarely works.

whatever came with the Thirdwire sim seems to go to a site that just sits there and won't log me in. What site is the real one?

the link in the game, to my knowledge, doesnt work, out of date, nobodies home, etc. install hyperlobby from their site. Thats how I got mine to, uhm, "work"..

And what, firehawk dont like the taste of tritonol? :crazy:

Have you guys ever had trouble with getting add on aircraft to work? I remember last time I attempted to get it to work, we both had install s that EXACTLY mirrored each other, but it dropped out every time... thought it might be Hamachi, but couldn't figure it out.

Pfft, It even tells people that try to join my server that "I" have aircraft that they dont, when both parties installs are identical.

Pfft, It even tells people that try to join my server that "I" have aircraft that they dont, when both parties installs are identical.

More than likely, something probably isn't identical. They may have something that they added and totally forgot about. Everything has to be identical. Just because you have a F-15C and they have an F-15C doesn't mean that it is the same LOD of the F-15C that you're using. The best way to do this is to send them the exact version that you're running and have them install it as a seperate install onto their system. That way, you know that they definately have the exact install.

More than likely, something probably isn't identical.

Nope. I installed both versions myself, created a folder on the network with 5 aircraft in them and then added those same five aircraft to both installs. Everything was identical. We even tried keeping the standard installs but introducing bunyap's weaps pack, same thing, I installed them both from scratch, added the exact same weaps back to both, tested both in single before trying hamachi... then nada. Got the boot. So far, I've only played HL or Hamachi with vanilla installs. Maybe the set up for multi only uses certain resources, I don't know.

Solved the Hyperlobby problem, installed Hamachi and run my own missions. I have a group of friends that's been flying FS9 together for years, now we are starting with the Strike Fighters family. The game of choice is Wov, stock install for now, since it should compliment the Viet Nam mod for CFS2 that's in the works.

Any changes to the game that we make will be posted on our FS9 server site, PM me for the link. If you want to fly with us PM me, but since Hamachi and Co-Op slots are limited PM me for the server name and Password. We use TS to co-ordinate and I'll include the TS IP in my reply. I look forward to flying with some of the guy's from the Bio-Haz days.

Nope. I installed both versions myself, created a folder on the network with 5 aircraft in them and then added those same five aircraft to both installs. Everything was identical. We even tried keeping the standard installs but introducing bunyap's weaps pack, same thing, I installed them both from scratch, added the exact same weaps back to both, tested both in single before trying hamachi... then nada. Got the boot. So far, I've only played HL or Hamachi with vanilla installs. Maybe the set up for multi only uses certain resources, I don't know.

Wasn't there an issue with addon weaponpacks? That's why I don't have any - haven't tried multiplayer yet but I'm anxious to find out. I have FX addon and aircraft though... I'm thinking of challenging a buddy of mine to a dogfight with WoE, I'll tell you how it went...