Sign in to follow this  
charlielima

2008 Bummers

Failed RAF aircrew selection on grounds of eyesight, on the plus side I was then told that I had met Royal Navy aircrew vision standards. Trouble is I have to start the application process from scratch this year so I'm a year behind where I want to be and I'm going to get sea sick lol. Why standards in the Navy and Army differ from the RAF is beyond me.

Oh yeah and I lost my job on December 27th... company went bust.

Craig

Failed RAF aircrew selection on grounds of eyesight, on the plus side I was then told that I had met Royal Navy aircrew vision standards. Trouble is I have to start the application process from scratch this year so I'm a year behind where I want to be and I'm going to get sea sick lol. Why standards in the Navy and Army differ from the RAF is beyond me.

Oh yeah and I lost my job on December 27th... company went bust.

Craig

Bummer! Most folks I know just get groggy and dizzy. A P-3 friend of mine lost his flight status for airsickness and once my second crewmen puked on our passenger's sea bags. He blamed his bag lunch and I.... ah consuled him harshly (doing my best to not end up ROTD) on inspecting any food before consumption. Being a Naval Aircrewmen is a special gig. Don't discount regular Navy too. I don't know how the RN works, but in the USN there was no shortage of ex roofrats and black shoe sailors that later wore Naval aircrewman wings. There where officer programs for enlisteds too. More then once I've asked an NFO why he also had enlisted dolphins on his uniform. If your timeline is stressed just getting aboard may be your answer. Many times in the USN I thought being a Sonar man or Torpedoman on a sub or spruance destroyer would be a better match for my temperment.

I read on another post that the RAN is recruiting foriegn nationals for thier military.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

I reckon the Aussie climate would suit me better (I dont do cold lol) though from what I've heard that offer only applies to those coming to the end of their service in foreign forces. Funny you should mention submarine service as thats "Sub-surfface warfare officer" is plan B after pilot/observer.

Craig

Hey Now.

Mrs CL is 10 years younger then I.

I hope Mr CL is at least 28 then. :wink:

A few years back I had to end a relationship with a girl that was 19 I was 35 at the time.I was in more pain from her than I was a full seaon of playing semi-pro football.Only so much my old bones can take. :rolleyes:

I reckon the Aussie climate would suit me better (I dont do cold lol) though from what I've heard that offer only applies to those coming to the end of their service in foreign forces. Funny you should mention submarine service as thats "Sub-surfface warfare officer" is plan B after pilot/observer.

Craig

Ahh. Was your first choice flying Nimrods off the beach?

One of the finest compliments I ever got was in the Navy Hospital. Operations officer (?) from an LA class tryed to recruit me for his boat.

Good Luck Craig! I'm wondering when the RAN will have to go to there plan B.