Sign in to follow this  
pablo10692

Any skilled skiner with free time?

If I had enough talent to do, I would do these skins by myself, but as I'm not... Here I am asking someone!

If anyone could do... I would be really gratefull! :biggrin::good:

020903-o-9999b-042.jpg

B-25JMitchell1.jpg

Not to be an jerk, but why an OD SuperFort? Only a very few were actually painted that way, and only for a very short time. By the time they were deployed to India and China, they were all Natural Metal ™.

(btw, that 5 or 6 hundred POUNDS of extra weight you ain't gotta carry, reducing you fuel and bomb loads.....)

As to the Mitchell, perhaps a request over at the DAT site for templates?? That camo WOULD look good in my MTO install...

Wrench

kevin stein

Well Wrench, Tigermeet isn't a comon paint scheme but you see a lot of skins of it at the internet... I know that Olive Drab was used in the B-29 for only a short time, but in my opnion it fits very well on the Super Fortress... Anyway, i'm not ordering someone to do it, i'm asking like a children asking for some sweet.

And about the B-25J, where I would find it templates? And I though the same about my MTO install, wich have a lot your's stuff on it! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

from my post above:

As to the Mitchell, perhaps a request over at the DAT site for templates??

Weither or not you'll get the template....

Of course, one can always be made from scratch, using the 'desert pink' as a base for the new panel & rivet lines.

The 29s would require TOTAL reskinning, with the creation of completely new templates, since the existing skin bmps are only 512x

So the new template would have to be at LEAST 4096x to get in all the gazillion rivets, then resized down to 1024x for the final bmp.

Waaaaaay too much work, even for a guy like me that's hand retiling maps (oh, only 20-30000 tiles.......) It's sooo much easier to just to unit markings as decals... :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

I really hate it when a talanted skiner like Wrench refuses to make a skine for me :blink:

2 More examples of MTO B-25s from IL2 skinners on flying legends.

I like the USAAF MTO roundels.

:ph34r: CL