Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Anyone noticed this post by TK...?

Instead of donating, you can always go re-buy all TK's sims off his site for the DL versions. Then you're giving him money for an actual product, even if you do already own it. On the plus side, you don't have to store so many old patches!

p.s. As I said before there are a lot of honor less scumbags out there who will not pay their way unless they are forced to. Perhaps it is time require noobs to subscribe if they want to download..

So what? I am a honorless scumbag because I am an E-3 in the USMC and have 3 kids and another on the way, and barely make ends meet? Dude, if u make people subscribe to download from here, as stated a LONG time ago, doesnt that defeat the purpose of the site and what they are trying to do? I have to literally wait till I get taxes before I am able to contribute anything, because, honestly, I am sorry, but my familys health, well being, and making sure they have what they need is more important then a game, no matter if it was the best and greatest and most realistic simulator in the world. I love this site, but if u HAVE to subscribe before u can download anything, u might as well make everything payware then. Do u see my point? I am not trying to sound like an ass, but those on here who know me and that I talk to, and they know who they are, know what its like in the military with not much money, and not much rank, struggling.

BUT, I do agree that if ur sitting on a stash of money and dont contribute JUST to get something for nothing, then THAT is pretty f&$%ed up

I don't think that was his point...

He mentionned "noobs" aiming his comment at new people with no knowledge and understanding of how this community work.

Of course that wouldn't work and wouldn't be fair, it was hopefully just frustration speaking, no need to take it personnally.

It's each according to his mean, the whole idea is to offer free stuff, but, as with Thirdwire, we should all be aware that running things cost money, that even free mods do cost money, in download bandwidth, in 3rd party models, in documentation...

So, everyone should be aware of the costs, and know that if they have the financial means to help a little, they could, here on CA by suscribing, and on Thirdwire by buying games as Direct Downloads even if you're not interested yet or already have it on CD.

There's other ways to contribute to the community if you can't afford to help financially, either through sharing your work or just being there, welcoming, helpful and making it a community people like to interact with, so let's not get carried away by careless words.

Oh honestly, I wasnt taking it personally, I was just making a statement as to the way it sounded, and I agree with the fact that u should contribute SOME way. And If I implied that as being any other way then I apologize. I am not trying to snap or bite anyones head off, just was giving my opinion, and like I said, I agree that someway somehow, there should be a contribution.

p.s. As I said before there are a lot of honor less scumbags out there who will not pay their way unless they are forced to. Perhaps it is time require noobs to subscribe if they want to download..

So what? I am a honorless scumbag because I am an E-3 in the USMC and have 3 kids and another on the way, and barely make ends meet? Dude, if u make people subscribe to download from here, as stated a LONG time ago, doesnt that defeat the purpose of the site and what they are trying to do? I have to literally wait till I get taxes before I am able to contribute anything, because, honestly, I am sorry, but my familys health, well being, and making sure they have what they need is more important then a game, no matter if it was the best and greatest and most realistic simulator in the world. I love this site, but if u HAVE to subscribe before u can download anything, u might as well make everything payware then. Do u see my point? I am not trying to sound like an ass, but those on here who know me and that I talk to, and they know who they are, know what its like in the military with not much money, and not much rank, struggling.

BUT, I do agree that if ur sitting on a stash of money and dont contribute JUST to get something for nothing, then THAT is pretty f&$%ed up

Jarhead, you contributed to the D.S. mod you made the red side playable... you created something and shared it here... thus you have paid your own way. Second I would never question the honor of a U.S. Marine, your service makes it possible for all of us to enjoy the freedom our constitution guarantees. I apologize if my words offended you.

Edited by Icarus999

U didnt offend me man, I apologize for the way it sounded, I hate the internet for that very reason, as when posting, it doesnt always sound the way u want it to when u post.