Sign in to follow this  
FLOGGER23

H.A.W.X.

i've downlaoded the Demo, very nice btw, the Assistance OFF mode allows to make some good stunt.... i like the flares and somebody said me that is a way to eject the plane:thing that Ace combat will never allow you to do :p

you can't simply compare with ace combat, becaus it gives you impression they're using the same game engine since the first game, changing absolute nothing all those years, thay's why i liked HAWKs, the Demo history is terrible, but i liked it.... and i assume, i've just still playing ace combat all those years for the unchainable history, it's the best one i've ever saw in a game and i'm quite frustrated because it haven't converted to cinema or some tv serial.

i've downlaoded the Demo, very nice btw, the Assistance OFF mode allows to make some good stunt.... i like the flares and somebody said me that is a way to eject the plane:thing that Ace combat will never allow you to do :p

you can't simply compare with ace combat, becaus it gives you impression they're using the same game engine since the first game, changing absolute nothing all those years, thay's why i liked HAWKs, the Demo history is terrible, but i liked it.... and i assume, i've just still playing ace combat all those years for the unchainable history, it's the best one i've ever saw in a game and i'm quite frustrated because it haven't converted to cinema or some tv serial.

I guess it has to do with what your standards for minimal realism are , to each their own and I'm glad you like HAWX. Other than Blazing Angels 2 I haven't liked any of the 360 flight sim demos enough to purchase the actual game. I really tried to like Ace Combat 6, but there was just too many things with it that made you suspend disbelief. At a bare minimum I personally need a decent cockpit view, otherwise the experience feels very lacking. On the other hand, having toyed around with my 360 controller in a number of PC flight sims, I'm convinced a flightsim with a decent degree of realism is possible on the 360. I think it's going to take someone who's tried and true in flghtsim development to do it though; maybe TK can bring Wings Over to the 360, or hey how about that layed-off Flight Simulator team. :wink: I'm not kidding myself that we'll ever see anything as close to real on the 360 as even the Strike Fighters series, but I think we can get something better than what's out now or in the pipeline.

I guess it has to do with what your standards for minimal realism are , to each their own and I'm glad you like HAWX. Other than Blazing Angels 2 I haven't liked any of the 360 flight sim demos enough to purchase the actual game. I really tried to like Ace Combat 6, but there was just too many things with it that made you suspend disbelief. At a bare minimum I personally need a decent cockpit view, otherwise the experience feels very lacking. On the other hand, having toyed around with my 360 controller in a number of PC flight sims, I'm convinced a flightsim with a decent degree of realism is possible on the 360. I think it's going to take someone who's tried and true in flghtsim development to do it though; maybe TK can bring Wings Over to the 360, or hey how about that layed-off Flight Simulator team. :wink: I'm not kidding myself that we'll ever see anything as close to real on the 360 as even the Strike Fighters series, but I think we can get something better than what's out now or in the pipeline.

yeah, i don't want find realism in this kind of arcade, because i'm not an uber reallistic games fan...

i just want have a good one and get fun with the game, no matter how ;)

i say i have 0 of fun playing Falcon 4.0, because it's a very different game :good:

i didnd't like any blazing angels, but heroes of the pacific (ps2) were awesome!

PC demo is out 1,24 GB,2 hours or less to download.

Graphics are the same seen on x-360,try the game all maxed out,got 60FPS and more,so I don't want to spend words about it,I know that is a pure arcade game,but is very funny and i'll buy it!

Anyway demo is free,give it a try!

Thanks i've just downloaded it and i guess i'll give it a try today!!!

Xbox demo is about 400Mb.... i took about 30 minutes to download it

so how is it?

they're justifying the arcade mechanics like assisted flight because it's set in the future.

so how is it?

they're justifying the arcade mechanics like assisted flight because it's set in the future.

no ,the arcade mechanics are very fun and i'll buy the game for it.

ok people, it seems some of us don't understand the DIFERENCE between and ARCADE and one SIMULATOR.

Well here is my view on arcade vs simulator.

Arcade disregards such things as physics and realism to focus on accessibility and ease of use. Simulator focus on realism in areas that arcade games ignore. In my eyes a simulator does not neccecarily need to simulate the system down to each and every button, but if it simulates physics and flight or control characteristics, then it is a simulator to me.

Outrun is not a simulator and does not try to be. it does not simulate any aspect of driving a car. I would say the Gran Turismo series is a lot closer to racing simulation because it pays a lot more attention to the physics part, even if I am not required to turn the key to start the engine in each car before every race. I don't say it is a complete simulator either. It does not simulate damage to your car for example, but it does to some extent simulate the car's behavior on tarmac.

Orbiter does not really have collision detection and you can't even crash on the ground with most spacecraft but you just bounce off. I still call it a simulator though because lets face it, in simulated space flight hit detection is of very little consequence. Realistic orbital mechanics is of priority instead.

Btw there are addon spacecraft that simulate taking damage too so it is not entirely missing from Orbiter.

In the end I think what makes a simulator depends on what it tries to simulate and how successfully it manages to do it.

H.A.W.X as far as I can tell does not attempt to simulate anything on any level, but the physics of flight in that game are completely made up and detached from reality. Arcade mechanics as someone said. This does not mean I am bashing the game because it is not realistic. The makers of the game did not think realism was the best fit for it and made their own model to be what they thought was most fun for their intended audience.

Tried demo...

Stalls are funny and weird.

I liked the 360 demo, but I couldn´t play the computer demo yesterday.

I´ll give it a try later.

I tried the demo too...

Now, I hope I missed something somewhere but first, there's no cockpit, it switches on when I'm below certain altitude but the creen goes mad and there's nothing too see outside except insanely vibrant RGB colours...

Furthermore, with assistance off mode, the camera switches to 3rd person view?!?!?!?

I hope that demo release was some kind of mistake because what I saw is not even a good arcade...

Switch views with C. Pit appears with RGB static but then stabilises

"No assistance" mode means you can drift in turns by pressing brakes and stall if you overdo it :rofl: And yes, no cockpit view with it.

It would be nice to have pit on off mode, or 2nd person (tail)

Yeah, Clancy definatly did not help with this. There is a MiG-31 in the game, but it's labled as a MiG-25!

Actually, that's not too bad. I mean, it's like calling an F/A-18E an F/A-18C or vice versa.

However, it was announced a few years ago that Clancy had sold his name to them 100% and would have no further input at all in their future releases.

Besides, in The Bear and the Dragon he made mistakes of his own, like saying the Apache had a 20mm chaingun!

I downloaded and played the demo today. Pretty fun game although the controls kind of suck. I mean I could not find anywhere to adjust the dead zone for the joystick and you have to move it way too far for any input to be recognized so you can't do any precision steering at all. I mean minimum input to get the plane to steer at all has almost the same effect at moving the stick all the way out so I barely have the sense of analog controls at all. Anyone found a place to adjust this?

Amusing game otherwise. It does not have a lot in common with reality though. Love that you can carry 150 sidewinders that are good against any aircraft, tank, or ship.. no actually I don't love that it is rather silly. If you go into this game expecting a simulator you will be very disappointed, but looking at it like a shoot em up with airplanes I find this quite entertaining. If only I could adjust the sensetivity and dead zone somewhere...

I found it just today, when selecting mission after mission difficulty there is something Control Difficulty, like in AC, set that to expert. with this you cant to the cool cobras and stunts in off mode, and its much harder to do 3rd person off mode but its mor realistic and easier to avoid missiles.

You can switch to expert and to easy modes in flight pressing Ctrl.

The funniest thing is that F-16 carries A-A missiles that can lock on up to 4 targets at a time.

I loved the demo but I don´t think the full game is worth $1040 (pesos).

Bought the game since there's no Ace Combat for the PS3 (no Xbox here). :blush:

I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Most scores for graphics (terrain only. jets don't look good) and the fun factor.

But it's totally arcade with little hint of reality aside from the visuals and the names of the jets.

No noticeable difference in flight model. All are agile! Ace Combat has better flight physics.

Weapons are too many. Even Ace Combat has less weapons which will eventually run out.

I'd like to commend the missile evasion features because it adds to the fun factor.

Aside from the positive points I mentioned, it's just average.

But I see myself playing more of this than Killzone 2 in the days to come because I'm a flight junkie. :cool:

Edited by jomni

You can switch to expert and to easy modes in flight pressing Ctrl.

The funniest thing is that F-16 carries A-A missiles that can lock on up to 4 targets at a time.

That's directly ripped out of Ace Combat!

I'd like to reiterate the crazy flight model of this game.

There's just no loss of speed when turning. Speeds rarely go below 1000 km/h even with constant banking and turning. And I don't recall any blackouts. These planes have the flight model of UFO's! Ace Combat has a better feel of flying in my opinion (not totally realistic but good enough).