Sign in to follow this  
subarug

Anyone want to start a complete Area 88 mod again?

Desert Plus?

it's based on stock SFP1 terrain, and has almost everything you said in it. we should have just to add in azran's data instead of one of the main nations.

Good idea as well.

At work right now but I will be on later tonight to work on this. Im arrange the images for the various menus and coreographing which audip tracks to put where (not the most important thing but it is all I can do)

acouple of quick questions...when i used the first area 88 themed skins a long time ago, to get music to play in game, I had to run an mp3 player program minimized to the system tray and it would just play whatever music was in its directory.

Is there any way to have the program itself launch music during missions so the end user doesnt have to fiddle with it?

Also, how hard would it be to make a launcher that basically asks "Select your version"? You would click one of the two choices and it would take you to either of the full games?

I have a buddy who was working on the daimyo expansion for myth that got cancelled a LONG while back, I will see if he can assist with anything.

Good idea as well.

At work right now but I will be on later tonight to work on this. Im arrange the images for the various menus and coreographing which audip tracks to put where (not the most important thing but it is all I can do)

acouple of quick questions...when i used the first area 88 themed skins a long time ago, to get music to play in game, I had to run an mp3 player program minimized to the system tray and it would just play whatever music was in its directory.

Is there any way to have the program itself launch music during missions so the end user doesnt have to fiddle with it?

Also, how hard would it be to make a launcher that basically asks "Select your version"? You would click one of the two choices and it would take you to either of the full games?

I have a buddy who was working on the daimyo expansion for myth that got cancelled a LONG while back, I will see if he can assist with anything.

i already made a campaing for desertplus whit wod be easy to mod it expand the ground war may add more target aeras whit baffmeister aproval of course titleset may polaks desert titles desertTarget zone is also base on the stock desert terrain and its good for real time missions again its made by baffmeister

has for music i think that music only plays in the menu in wav format using the proper name.

im have trouble makeing the menus need help or somebody to do this job.

for Environmental Mods done this

sandstorm well kind of a sandstorm

a repaint of CA_stary heavy snow fall need permission for him to use it

target area done this for any desert map

a harbor area whit parkway lods :biggrin:

Edited by cocas

Good work cocas. I like how the sandstorm is looking so far. Dont worry about the menus, we will get someone else on that or I will look into it. Maybe we can make some sort of script to run an mp3 or wav file in the background.

Just trying to keep the end user from having to do lots and lots of extra stuff beyond what is already required

Good work cocas. I like how the sandstorm is looking so far. Dont worry about the menus, we will get someone else on that or I will look into it. Maybe we can make some sort of script to run an mp3 or wav file in the background.

Just trying to keep the end user from having to do lots and lots of extra stuff beyond what is already required

ok tanks the sandstorm needs difent color clouds but im not find out wouh to change them also need change particule size and emisson tune sand color may brighter.

desertplus campaing testing img

Edited by cocas

the su-39 graph or grafh has some russian coms backround sound maybe ad in the aircraft a wav sound whit the music i wil look in the the SU-39 files to see who the sound is put in.

Just saw the Habour picture and I LIKE IT! "A TARGET RICH ENVIORNMENT!"

We need lots of fuel refinerys and depots too as that played heavily in the storylines. That shouldnt be hard either as it is already in most games.

In regards to the sounds, thats a great idea....i suppose i could link multiple songs together for one long continuous song and tehrfore only one file....its not the most eloquent solution but as a fall back idea it would work.

I will keep researching as well.

Anybody want to volunteer to be lead skinner to fill what aircraft are already not skinned?

Edited by subarug

Just saw the Habour picture and I LIKE IT! "A TARGET RICH ENVIORNMENT!"

We need lots of fuel refinerys and depots too as that played heavily in the storylines. That shouldnt be hard either as it is already in most games.

all but this are stock desert map item

Flecher Grinch

or kriegmarine Geo can recall now what i use and parkway lods came from gepard 8 new air bases mod for is germany map(terrian)

all boats are targetble wo bad english sorry from single mission menu in strike mission should work to on the campaing.

a music editor cloud paste the traks together :smile::smile:

Edited by cocas

Dont worry about that at all! I have no problems understanding. If you were typing in your native language then I would probably have an issue, but even then there is always google translate!

Do not worry, communication is great, and we are getting lots of ideas together. I am very excited about this!

Dont worry about that at all! I have no problems understanding. If you were typing in your native language then I would probably have an issue, but even then there is always google translate!

Do not worry, communication is great, and we are getting lots of ideas together. I am very excited about this!

ok thanks im going off line now here its 23:30 and i have big day tomorow need to sleep be for this hapens :blowup:

any ideas just put then here i whill check on it tomrow morning

Edited by cocas

If you need music I have the Battle Fugue (opening song) for the Anime series. You guys missed one bird from the OVA movies, The Bronco, a whole section of them gets pasted on the ramp in I believe Area 82. It would be a shame to let the OV-10 go to waste. If I recall they were only painted in the green Euro pattern with no markings.

Edited by firehawkordy

Thats right, that's when the COINS base gets attacked by Wolf Pack i think.

We need those as will as a few choppers as static items.

As far as audio I have that covered.

I have the 2004 TV background score, as well as the Cyber Trance Album, and I have the OVA soundtrack as well.

Also if needed some tracks from Sega Cd's AH-3 Thunderstrike would fit in with the OVA soundtrack.

It should be easy enough replacing the stock audio, the bigger challenge is getting it to rotate through tracks while in game. We may just forgo-that and package a free mp3 player of sorts to run in the background (When i pieced together my first Area 88 wannabe game, that's how I listened to the soundtracks during play

EDIT: I am almost done arranging the Pilot Photos. There is roughly three images of most major characters. I tried to have one without flight gear and the others with.

Edited by subarug

These are not at the correct resolution yet, but it will give an idea of what the Classic and Modern Pilot photos would look like.

Pilotphotos.zip

Thats right, that's when the COINS base gets attacked by Wolf Pack i think.

We need those as will as a few choppers as static items.

As far as audio I have that covered.

I have the 2004 TV background score, as well as the Cyber Trance Album, and I have the OVA soundtrack as well.

Also if needed some tracks from Sega Cd's AH-3 Thunderstrike would fit in with the OVA soundtrack.

It should be easy enough replacing the stock audio, the bigger challenge is getting it to rotate through tracks while in game. We may just forgo-that and package a free mp3 player of sorts to run in the background (When i pieced together my first Area 88 wannabe game, that's how I listened to the soundtracks during play

EDIT: I am almost done arranging the Pilot Photos. There is roughly three images of most major characters. I tried to have one without flight gear and the others with.

for the terrain i think we should do our now mod to stock desert terrain then we can do whatt we want we can rename the citys and target areas add target areas ad items to the exesintig one i put cargoships in Suran has an exemple ad static wharships that can target (gepard has done that in the midway terrain)

i have some this

im starting to do target areas found out how change paved airstrips to unpave ones probleme only small runways need to let pave to operate big aircraft.

in groundobject secion of combatace there is static aircraft i will check if there is helos

i can make static targetble tank groupes good to strafe :biggrin:

we can call the terrain desertArea88?

tonight local time i will some more pics of all ready made target areas in the desert map

Cocas

OK so use the stock SFP1 terrain correct? Just checking for understanding.

As far as allied bases/airfields I think there were 5 "Area's" (I need to check with the manga)

For Enemy bases we can make as many as we want I suppose. Lots of Ammunition depots, fuel depots. Guarded by Anti Aircraft fire. (Anyone gutsy enough to model the Mafia's land carrier?)

I like that convoy of ships, lots and lots of targets.

No Helo's? NO big deal. They just get blown up on the runways anyway. We do need a few static C-130s though.

I will do some more image capturing tonight. Try and finish teh pilot pics and change to the correct resolution. Im collecting the screens for the various menus too.

OK so use the stock SFP1 terrain correct? Just checking for understanding.

As far as allied bases/airfields I think there were 5 "Area's" (I need to check with the manga)

For Enemy bases we can make as many as we want I suppose. Lots of Ammunition depots, fuel depots. Guarded by Anti Aircraft fire. (Anyone gutsy enough to model the Mafia's land carrier?)

I like that convoy of ships, lots and lots of targets.

No Helo's? NO big deal. They just get blown up on the runways anyway. We do need a few static C-130s though.

I will do some more image capturing tonight. Try and finish teh pilot pics and change to the correct resolution. Im collecting the screens for the various menus too.

there is no c-130 in the woe_static pak need to be bluit me or replace whit another aircraft vulcanB2 is avalble :rofl: kinding

sandstorm is goin slow in progresse working on this also

in progresse...

work on this before

Edited by cocas

Yes! Lots of tanks to shred! Good work!

Yes! Lots of tanks to shred! Good work!

good

now as for the terrain you should be the one to chose using the stock terrain is just my opinon beacouse we can do what ever we want.

i al pack some more jpg and send later.

Sounds like a plan. Stock terrain it is. Just with our tweaks I guess

Sounds like a plan. Stock terrain it is. Just with our tweaks I guess

lots of tweaks have many ideares things to make and try out i will keep you post id

heres the pics

Thanks for the update! Everything is looking good so far. Tonight I will try and grab all the aircraft that are already skinned for Area 88 and get them together (as well as who created them) so we can see what still needs to be done.

Thanks for the update! Everything is looking good so far. Tonight I will try and grab all the aircraft that are already skinned for Area 88 and get them together (as well as who created them) so we can see what still needs to be done.

i think that i can the static aircraft not sure work on it tomorow found a AN-12 static using it as base to do the outers for the name change im goin to need a name list of the areas pm or mail to me pls

aircraft list but later ok

img 56 is whit bigger particules cover more the line off shigt img 57 smaller particules less cover on the line of shigt

need a opinion on what to use :dntknw:

areas i can do tank bases outpost fleets whit warships and cargoships tankeres oil fiels like on desertplus industrial areas maybe a moke oil platforme in the sea army bases and may be put a sam line in the border.

OK in the story these are the Kingdom of Asran's bases

Area 81 Counter Insurgency Base (CoIn) All the Broncos would be stationed here as well as other prop planes like the Skyraider

Area 84 No description (Im thinking Supply base, cargo planes, fuel drums, etc)

Area 85 No description (Im thinking naval base, supply boxes, a few planes)

Area 86 Ground support base (Friendly tanks, vehicles, etc)

Area 87 Helo base (Supposed to have helicopters for SAR etc)

Area 88 Main Mercenary Air Force (Most planes, resources, bunkers, hangers, defensive anti aircraft guns etc)

As far as the Anti-Government Force something similar but no seaport, some unpaved airstrips (not all of them) supply bases, refinery etc Lots of tanks on the enemy side and anti aircraft flak guns around all targets

Aircraft

All aircraft except the F-20 and Buccaneer are available. (as much as id like to have the Bucc, I dont see that happening.

The F-5,F-8,F-14,F-16, and Draken, have already been skinned with Area 88 Livery.

All the others however, need to be skinned. Sigh. Need to find a skinner with some free time.

Classic will have significantly more planes than the Modern version. That was the main difference between the two series anyway.

Ok. I have done enough research tonight.