Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Central American air powers(?)

I posted this in C5's Tea and Literature Club, but I don't know how many of you get over there and thought it might be relevant for this thread too, although from what Wrench has posted so far the map he's working on isn't exactly what's needed.

Just saw this while I was in the supermarket shopping. I'll probably wait till it's out in paperback but it looks really good - by the same author as Vulcan 607...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phoenix-Squadron-B...1827&sr=8-1

From the author of the superb Vulcan 607 this is another well detailed and informative account of an urgent and technically demanding long range mission by Fleet Air Arm Buccaneer strike aircraft launched from HMS Ark Royal in January 1972 in order to deter Guatemalan aggression against British Honduras (now Belize).The book encompasses the story behind the moves by Guatemala as well as HMS Ark Royal's operations in the year leading up to the event.The story is told from the perspectives of many of those involved,not just the aircrews but the British government at the time as well as many others. There are also photographs and technical information included and the gripping story reads like a techno-thriller although it is all fact.

Might give us a scenario for the upcoming Buccaneer?

Edit: Forgot to say, I had a look through the pictures, and there are pics of Buccs and Phantoms, Gannets, SeaKings, and Guatemalan F-51s, T-33s and C-47s. The 1972 crisis also involved RAF Harriers and Canberras too. There's stuff about NATO ops (including picture of Ark Royal in dock dwarfed by Nimitz), Bear\Badger\Bison intercepts and the Falklands too.

Edited by allenjb42

Wrench, I know you're probably busy with the Indo-Pak mod, but any updates to this terrain?

not until, unfortunately, I get done with the Indo-Pak mod.

there's still a lot to do with this map .... like targetization, movements ini (as there's not front line or truck/ship routes) lots of tiling fixes and etcs.

hopefully, by the end of the year :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

Alright, that's understandable. That seems like it could end up an interesting mod as well. I'm sure we're all willing to wait for these.

Great...my mind is already making out plans for temporary terrains for Central and South America (mirrored Chile/Bolivia/Peru region without the Andes anyone?)

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I give you a good idea.

You could work on a map containing the patagonia argentina and Chilean Patagonia.

In this area the more skin we already have and aircraft as the F-16 BLOCK/50/52 of the FACH.

This would have also done a nice campaign.

With the forum in Spanish guys are working on a campaign Argentina Vs Chile.

Framing of the Beagle Channel in 1978.

It's just an idea.

Just missing the map. Now we have all

Greetings

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...=36697&st=0

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...=37391&st=0

F-16 Block 50

By:

Alejandro

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=22894

Marcos

Edited by suicidal

I'm going to un-sticky this for now, until such time as I FIND time to get back to working on the CA map.

Then, I'll dredge up from the Abyss, and continue

thanks to all for inputs and comments!

don't worry, I'll get back to it eventually!

wrench

kevin stein

A little "OJC" action! do some ground support for the MANCHU "Keep up the Fire" and break the F-117's cherry! so it will be ready for ODS!!

Edited by colmack