140 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to shell a few more bucks out for a version of third wire that featured Air Refueling ??

• YES
    • NO

I agree also, mission lengths overall... don't need them, but an option to have them (game-ism, etc.) would be nice. In LOMAC most missions didn't require them, but since it was there for the challenge, I didn't mind.

Most players probably use the Alt-N function and warp to the target area, right? If A/R is implemented, the guys who want to use it and actually fly the whole mission length would benefit.

Taking off in a fully loaded Viper, my aux tanks are nearly empty. In fact, I usually load my wingmen with less weapons to decrease their fuel consumption as they play catch up to me. Or I orbit overhead the field to allow for a quicker rejoin. The drive to the target, and maybe a little loiter time to ensure mission success, plus the occasional A-to-A if you get jumped. Fuel is life.

Having air refueling would be just another step closer to realistic operations. But as I said previously, a proper mission editor is a must in order to make it work right. Unless TK added dedication A/R tracks on the maps where the tankers would always be.

-Jeff

My wishlist:

- Air refueling

- Dynamic campaigns

- custom battles (select your opponents)

:clapping:

Yes!!! This would be a big improvement in my opinion.

Edited by Icarus999

My wishlist:

- custom battles (select your opponents)

Learn the in's and outs of KMD's mission editor and you've got just that, it takes a little bit of time to get used to but with the help of the tutorial that can be downloaded, its easy as mate. Heck, if i can do it, surely you can. If you need a hand, gimme a shout. I know the basics, but its enough to get you a decent mission.

To be fair though, in TW games, most missions you are tasked with, you really don't need air refueling...

I dunno. There have been a ton of times I've had to trip skip because my Spad wouldn't make the 800km/1000km round trip with a full load.

I dunno. There have been a ton of times I've had to trip skip because my Spad wouldn't make the 800km/1000km round trip with a full load.

same here.....

Most players probably use the Alt-N function and warp to the target area, right? If A/R is implemented, the guys who want to use it and actually fly the whole mission length would benefit.

Taking off in a fully loaded Viper, my aux tanks are nearly empty. In fact, I usually load my wingmen with less weapons to decrease their fuel consumption as they play catch up to me. Or I orbit overhead the field to allow for a quicker rejoin. The drive to the target, and maybe a little loiter time to ensure mission success, plus the occasional A-to-A if you get jumped. Fuel is life.

Having air refueling would be just another step closer to realistic operations. But as I said previously, a proper mission editor is a must in order to make it work right. Unless TK added dedication A/R tracks on the maps where the tankers would always be.

-Jeff

Depending on time I do, but usually I just fly my way there, as sometimes I'm in the middle of a furball and get smoked.

I can see A/R necessary for long missions where stuff such as CAS missions with long overwatches or really long strike missions to blow up a tool shed...

After I wrote that last line, I did start to wonder if it was possible to set up an A/R area, like the carriers have. In it, the tanker would simply orbit, with boom down or hoses out.

Seems simple enough, but I'm not sure if it's in the code.

-Jeff