Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

V 1.28a

I see there is now no pending "number" visible in the claims part of the logbook. How are we supposed to know if we're writing good claims now?

If I want to go back to the old 1.28 can I just re-run the 1.28 patch or do I have to remove the whole mess and start over?

It works differently now, so no need for numbers. Sorry you feel it's a mess...

I don't think it's a mess. I just don't understand it now after all the hard work trying to figure it out from before. Is now the results completely a die roll or what? Is there any importance in words at all now? How do you know if you have gotten it right? What are the requirements to get a favorable result? Could you now just write. "Killed a enemy plane" and achieve the needed results?

The messy part is nobody ever told us what was needed before, so we figured it out. Now it's changed. For what reason and why? Is the new way now better? Why? Do we have to figure this out all over again, but now we have nothing to guide us like the pending number.

Again, if I want to go back to 1.28, how do I do that exactly?

Psssst..... :secret: Winston....... Shhhhh!..... Don't say anything to anyone but you can still view the pending number by looking in your pilot claims txt in the pilot directory.... Remember... you didn't hear this from me.... :whistling:

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

If you want the 1.28 Patch I think it's in my files.

Send me an email.

British_eh

I still have the 1.28 patch, but don't know if all I need to do is re-run it or do I have to uninstall everything, reinstall CFS3 and then OFF 3 and THEN the 1.28 patch? Every patch has been good for me, a big improvement in all except this last one. Without more info on why this was even done and how it works I consider this last patch a big mistake for now. It has ruined my enjoyment of the game.

Please devs, why was this done? How does the claims work now? Why remove the pending number? Make me believe this 1.28a patch was really needed.... please.

As I say it has now CHANGED. No we do not want to specify exactly what as that ruins the whole point of it. But it should be slightly easier. It's not "how do I beat the game? which is what people seem to be trying to do - it's "how would a pilot fill this in?"

Don't go by the number - the number was NEVER meant to be a guide to the player. How do you know it meant what you thought it did?

Simply fill in a witness from your squadron, ANY that flew with you. Leave off the rank. Type a bit about the engagement. Height, what happened to the enemy, type, colours, where, rounds fired maybe, job done that's it. There have been several examples of how to do it. It is not rocket science or difficult it's meant to be a paper claim form. The only small give to modern technology is that you must "pull down" the number of craft, and pull down the craft type that's it.

If it bugs anyone simply turn it to easy, or off in workshops.

The WHOLE point is it's meant to be realistic as possible - not find the magic words to beat the system ;) so stop thinking that way and you'll be fine.

........Don't go by the number - the number was NEVER meant to be a guide to the player. How do you know it meant what you thought it did?........

Simply because all my claims with LOW pending numbers were usually rejected, and all my claims with HIGH pending numbers were usually confirmed.

Simply because all my claims with LOW pending numbers were usually rejected, and all my claims with HIGH pending numbers were usually confirmed.

Then you are well prepared now to continue filling in claims not so?

And no the number will not be displayed in an upcoming patch as its simply not needed.

Basically the problem with the number is everyone is fixated by it - this number never existed in real life - and it does not display now.

Moreover you only learn about the number after posting the claim...

Finally as long as you put detail into your claim - and now I am not telling you what detail but there are many folks that are up on this - then you will be fine.

There will be fewer rejections in 1.28a so maybe stick with it - yes you will need to uninstall and reinstall to go backwards.

If making it more realistic like this has ruined the game for you then maybe bypass claims after all, no other sim has this feature, good or bad.

And the feature is still there and its optional!

HTH

WM

Gee the only number regarding kills for me is the number of times I get shot down.

Great the way it is.

Cheers MarkL

Uncertainty is part of the immersion for me. :good:

I am sticking to 1.28...just cos I think it's perfect!

(and I don't want to have issues in MP...cos the guys I play with are noobs!...which is why I chose them...lambs to the slaughter!.. MUHahahahahaha)

I have to say, I didn't see the point of the 'scoring' anyway. For purists, surely it's more realistic to fill out the claim on the back of a beer mat (or fag packet), send it off to Capt. Darling at Le Chateau Comfiy-Livinge and then have it ignored or pooh-poohed for some weeks by an anally retentive adjutant until it's finally rejected, by which time you're already dead or trying to grow several acres of fresh, shiny, pink skin in a burns unit in Chelmsford?

Yep,

I'll bet my Vickers that most of the young chaps who flew these crates were far more concerned with survival as opposed to kill totals. I know I am....

Cheers,

Parky

Edited by Parky